Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to share with you that all that was shared in the first post of this thread is true. People do hunt on the internet and probably their #1 source of finding the information they want to use is through Google alerts. With Google alerts you are emailed when something is published on the internet with specific keywords. Some parents purposely do this with their kids names to monitor if their kids are getting cyber bullied etc. Well, obviously people are going to be curious about our troops and probably have "deployment" as a google alert.

I have a dating blog in which I never give out details of names of the men I have dated or had relationships with. I always use nicknames for them. For the guy I am getting to know now, I blogged about him a few days ago. I just mentioned how he was getting deployed but I didn't release any details as to when, what branch he is in, where he lives, what he does or where he is going to. But certainly someone from Qatar is interested and decided to check out my website through a link on facebook somewhere. I can see where my visitors come from, what country, what browser they use and operating system they are using. So someone shared my website URL on facebook and that is where this visitor came from. I don't think my blog URL was shared to say "hey check out this goofy woman and her dating experiences" I think they were specifically looking to see if I was going to mention deployment details. Suckers!!!

Comment

I already knew, but great reminder

Comment

My cousins SO is overseas and he doesn't even let her use their real last names on facebook.

Comment

This is some very extremely important information. Thank you VERY much for sharing!

Comment

Wow! That is definitely good to know. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Bumping this because with all the crazy going on lately it's more important than ever to not post military info or locations (even unwittingly or only with "friends and family" because it CAN be found if someone wants the info bad enough)

Comment

Thank you so much. Now I understand more about these risks. This is really helpful!

Comment

As weird and desperate as this sounds, when my suspicions of my spouse became high, i had to contact a techie to help me gain access into my spouse's phone just to get me off my suspicions of her cheating, to cut long story short, the techie successfully gained access into my spouse's phone and the information i got gave me peace of mind. Feel free to text the techie if you're found in the same situation

(252) 254-1656

Comment

Catch that cheating partner without
                    getting caught!
                    Yeah! Getting your own SPY APP is the
                    best way to catch them red handed, and
                    monitor ANYBODY's chat without them
                    knowing... GET YOURS NOW with the help of MALLWEBTECH_ on instagram he’s the best no doubt

Comment

Working...
                    X