Study Abroad; Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Study Abroad; Good Idea?

i found a pretty cool study abroad program (Education Abroad Network) for a few different universities in Brisbane
    (one of my favorite ways they were trying to convince me was saying that i could hug a wombat during their orientation section XD they're so pudgy! heh),
    this would be for my 3rd year of college (the entire academic year). The price checks out and is roughly as much as i would be spending on a regular year including tuition and housing and whatnot; i have the GPA for it. so those are not a concerns really

I actually could go to his university XD same campus and everything, but i feel like that's a tad bit creepy of me haha, so i was thinking more of the University of Queensland, which isn't so far at all from him

haven't said anything to Nat yet But do you think its a good idea? Words of advice? Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated in the vast meantime!

Absolutely a good idea!! If it costs the same, why not do it? It would be an awesome experience!

Comment

I did just a semester abroad (in England though), and it was one of the best experiences of my life! I wish I could have done a year. I would highly encourage you to go.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Absolutely! I always looked for service learning trips and stuff when I was in school, those are more short term compared to a semester abroad, but still a great opportunity to get out there, experience and new culture and learn something new from it. I applied to the same school as my boyfriend and am moving there in June, hopefully get accepted and start the school year together. (:

Talk to him about it, I have a feeling he'll love to have you there with him for a whole semester. (:

Comment

Going abroad to study is a life changing exprerience..GO!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

thank you all for the encouragement

Talk to him about it, I have a feeling he'll love to have you there with him for a whole semester. (:
            i think i'll tell him when he gets back from camping, <3

Comment

Studying abroad was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Do it!

Comment

It would be an excellent opportunity!!! I don't really like wombats that much but meh
                University of Queensland is a really good uni (I say that as a Griffith Uni student... I would never admit to it anywhere else)

Which uni does he go to?
                What are you studying?

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                  Studying abroad was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Do it!
                  Agree. Twice.

Comment

Study abroad is absolutely a great idea. Make sure it's financially possible for you, then go for it.

I love wombats. We have one being rehabbed here in our animal park called Trixie who I'm especially fond of.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Which uni does he go to?
                      What are you studying?
                      he actually studies at griffith too! lmao
                      and i'm going into visual arts

Study abroad is absolutely a great idea. Make sure it's financially possible for you, then go for it.

I love wombats. We have one being rehabbed here in our animal park called Trixie who I'm especially fond of.
                      all appears well with finances thus far thank you
                      and that's so adorable <3

thank you everyone

Comment

I'd recommend it. Not even for your SO, but for the experience of it :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

Originally posted by ClipitsWings View Post
                          he actually studies at griffith too! lmao
                          and i'm going into visual arts
                          If you're doing visual arts, I would recommend Griffith. There's an entire arts campus in southbank!

Comment

If you're doing visual arts, I would recommend Griffith. There's an entire arts campus in southbank!
                            i will most certainly look into that! thank you!

Comment

just wanted to say i got my information booklet in the mail the other day!
                              i've got plenty of time, meet all the criteria, and there's room for flexibility this feels good

Comment

Working...
                              X