This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary Gift...What to Do?

I hope I don't come across as selfish for this post, but I'd like your opinions. For my SO and my 1 year anniversary, I know he's going to have a lot of trouble finding me a gift. (Yes, I know it's not for another few months, but I'm a huge planner) He worries that what he gets me will not be good enough, when in reality, I'd love anything he gives me because it's from him. The reason I know he worries is because one of my friends, who is also a friend of my SO's told me that he was having a hard time finding me something for Valentine's Day. I helped my boy out a bit, by dropping a subtle hint of FB. I posted a link to something I'd found that I really liked, and said something like "this is awesome!" and he bought it for me for Valentine's Day. I don't really want to drop a hint again for our 1 year, because I'd like to see what he could come up with himself...here's the dilemma. I really would love a promise ring from him, more specifically a Claddagh ring. I found one on Etsy that is relatively inexpensive and beautiful. I would like that from him for our 1 year, but then it brings me back to my point of wanting him to figure something out. I'm extremely torn as to what I want....and if I did decide that I wanted the ring, how would I hint to him without really hinting? Lol, I hope this post makes sense, and I'm sorry if I come across as really selfish and ungrateful. That wasn't my intention. I just want other opinions on this. Here's the link to the ring I found...it's the one with the ruby stone. https://www.etsy.com/listing/7050150...=all&ga_facet=

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

I think a promise ring shouldn't be asked for. If he's to get you one he should want to give you that as a promise and what they stand for. If you ask him for one I don't think it would have the same meaning. If you say you love anything he'll get you maybe you should just sit this one back and see what he comes up with on his own...he might surprise you.

Comment

That does make a lot of sense, and I never really thought of it like that. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Comment

You know, I feel like I shouldn't have even started this thread...I will leave it to him to find something, which I will love no matter what it is! =] I felt like I came across in a bad way when I wrote it, but I decided to post it anyway. So, I'm just going to lock it lol.

Comment

Working...
        X