Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story :) also please help!

Hey guys

I'm Julz, just wanting to share my story and also, admittedly, wanting to get some support and ecouragement!

I met my him on a casual friendly hangout to play pool where he was invited by a mutual friend. We were 16 and too shy to speak to each other but I noticed him staring at me a few times which made me kind of nervous. He didn't strike me as someone I'd be interested in - he wasn't really my type. I watched him because he was awkward and kind of interesting - not to mention him aceing me at pool! We went to the same high school but were never in the same circle of friends, we had no knowledge of each other's existences, which was surprising because all of our friends knew each other - his friends knew who I was and my friends had also known him for a while before I met him.

The following term we found ourselves in the same English class. I was going through a really difficult period back then, you know the whole finding-myself-and-figuring-out-what-i-want-from-my-future kind of thing. I was lost and also getting over a rough year being "the other girl" with some other guy who had just got out of a long term relationship and wasn't willing to face apparent publicity of being with me. I'd always had a problem with guys being ashamed of being with me, of people talking about us. It made me develop trust issues and feel like I was something to be ashamed of.

This boy, he almost walked into a baby on our way to the movies because he couldn't stop staring at me. He'd watch me in the cinema insteead of the movie. He was brutally honest about how he felt though it had been such a short time and I think he knew how cautious I was but he was so patient with me. I was proud to walk with me and introduced me to everyone. He told his friends the cheesiest things about me and complimented me even though he looked like the biggest knob, he carried my handbag around at school and his friends mocked him but he kept doing it. He opened doors for me, paid for everything, walked me to class, picked me up and dropped me off, introduced me to his parents though they didnt approve of young relationships. He wrote me poems and made silly raps for me, drew me pictures like a Primary school boy. I made him cards, he made every month-sary special. He didn't drink, and though I did, he was mostly understanding about it. He offered me everything that he had. Once I was wearing shorts and we were sitting in the car, I got cold. He gave me his jacket, but he saw I was still a bit shivery though I insisted I was warm, so he noticed goosebumps on my legs. He actually took his pants off for me to wear (this was late at night as we were talking so no public indecency issues here!). He was amazing and everything I looked for - so much for "not my type"!

But he wanted to be a dentist. It was his dream and I'd always admired him for it. From very early on, even before we'd become official, he'd imagined this future for us. I wanted to be a teacher, and he would be a dentist. Open up his own clinic here, roll in the dough. We'd buy a house up in Schnapper Rock (we debated Old Classic Style vs Modern) with our three cars - his dream car was a Dodge Viper - and kids (I want 5, he was set on 2 haha but he told me "If YOU want to put yourself thru that, then sure!" hahaha).

Dentistry wasnt available in any university in the Auckland nor in the North Island. Thats right - Dunedin. Across the country. Sure, it was a 3ish hour flight away but the distance was so much to bear for a couple of 17 year olds, fresh out of high school working towards their careers as well as keeping a relationship alive. I have to admit it was hard. It still is. But we've been doing this for almost 2 years now. And I am still in love with him as I've ever been. We have had bad times, and break ups and fights. But I still visit once or twice a year and he comes back up three times a year. And we always come back to each other. He still opens doors for me, pays for everything, tells me I'm special. His family considers me family. We still sit for hours talking about crazy things in life. I still miss him when he's gone and I still cry coming back from the airport. But it'll be worth it in the end. Sometimes our future gets hazy when we're feeling low but I've never doubted once his fidelity to me. Sometimes he's unsure about me during my first year of uni - clubbing and drinking and all that shebang. But I've given it up for him, because if there's something to work on then you've gotta do what you gotta do.

He told me this once, though it was related to a whole other context, it applies to all aspects of our relationship: "It's a small sacrifice for a long period of the good life." And it is a small sacrifice, if it means that he will be mine forever.

So just to end this, if you liked my story and are on facebook, I'd really appreciate it if you could jump on this link and help him out. He's a good guy and he's worked so hard over the past year to get into Dentistry and I would love for him to have a break. Please click on this link:
    https://www.facebook.com/PlaytechNZ and "like" it!
    Then click on this link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
    to "like" his photo that he submitted, to win a meet n greet ticket to Katy Perry's concert next week in NZ. Competition ends in less than 2 hours - cutting it a bit close but we are SO close to winning so I'd appreciate anyone willing to help! Working with his sister to help him win and he;s just gone back to Dunedin for the rest of semester so it'd be a great push to have him back here in a week Thanks everyone!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY STORY AND PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE VOTE, HELP A FELLOW LFAD-ER OUT

lots of love
    Julz

Please vote!!!!

So just to end this, if you liked my story and are on facebook, I'd really appreciate it if you could jump on this link and help him out. He's a good guy and he's worked so hard over the past year to get into Dentistry and I would love for him to have a break. Please click on this link:
    https://www.facebook.com/PlaytechNZ and "like" it!
    Then click on this link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
    to "like" his photo that he submitted, to win a meet n greet ticket to Katy Perry's concert next week in NZ. Competition ends in less than 2 hours - cutting it a bit close but we are SO close to winning so I'd appreciate anyone willing to help! Working with his sister to help him win and he;s just gone back to Dunedin for the rest of semester so it'd be a great push to have him back here in a week Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, i just read this so i think i'm too late to do anything.
      Anyhow, the story is lovely, good luck with your future with him

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Working...
      X