No announcement yet.

New Zealand/Australia LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I are both Aussies and both in Australia though opposite ends of the country.

Comment

I'm and Australian dating an American. Yay us! Hahaha

Comment

I'm an Aussie dating an Estonian

Comment

I'm an Aussie!

and my SO is a Pom
          (English for those who don't know what 'pom' means)
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I'm Australian and my boyfriend is a kiwi who is currently living in Australia.

Comment

both my SO and i are australians just living in different states...

Comment

hey, i'm dating an aussie have been for about a year. Up until recently, we've never had to go through ldr cause we were rather blessed, but I'm headed to england for 2 yrs to finish my degree (I'm not from australia either, so it makes visits home pretty difficult + my parents don't know about him yet, complications). I guess I just wanna know, how do you deal with the time difference? Because quite frankly, I'm scared. I know I sound weak right now, but I just really, don't know.

Comment

I'm in an LDR with a Euro myself (Estonian). Our time difference is 7 hours instead of 9, but I know how you feel.

We just make plans with respect to the time difference. I usually talk to my GF before I go to sleep, or I can wake up early and talk to her before she goes to sleep.

Comment

I'm a kiwi, living in Australia, who is dating a welsh man, living in England
                    But as of Friday I will be a kiwi with an Aussie accent living in England (:

Comment

Have fun! I envy you for being able to do that

Comment

Im from Nz, she's from canberra, haven't met yet..

Comment

I'm from New York, and she's in Tasmania, Australia...more specifically Hobart

But 10,000 miles aparts sucks! I hate that it's so far, but I'll definitely manage, as for the time difference, it was 14 hours when we started talking but since daylights saving time kicked in it's become 16 hours -.- oh well I just stay up late for her regardless

We haven't met yet, but obviously want to, we just have school, other priorities to take care of, and the fact that we're both broke :P
                          Last edited by Mura; November 20, 2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I'm a Swede dating a Queenslander

Comment

I'm from the USA and I'm engaged to a kiwi. The time difference feels like it's getting worse lately, but that's just due to work schedules. I've always been a night owl, so staying up late (1am my time/9pm...the next day... his time) isn't usually too much of an issue for me.
                              Last edited by stephanieaz; November 29, 2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morven View Post
                                my bf is moving to oz in 2 weeks - would be great to speak to people from the area - i hope to move in june and would be great to know what im letting myself in for xx
                                What city is Australia? Im hoping to move over there this summer too! My boyfriend is from melbourne! Also where are you from?

Comment

Working...
                                X