Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to a LDR: Here's my story :)

hello everyone,
    I am new to LFAD, and I am also new to a LDR. My name is Michelle and I live in Rhode Island, USA. His name is Casey, and he lives in RI with me as well, however he is currently 1100 miles away from me down in Florida (as of 5/30) to attend school for 5 months.

I was given this site by a member of another forum I am a part of. It has been very helpful and I decided to become part of the community. This marks day 11 since Casey has been gone, and my emotions have been a roller coaster of things. Our main ways of communicating are text and skype. and I HATE texting. I mean, It's a fast way to communicate when calling isn't an option, it's nice to go back and read something. But I get so misguided when it comes to tone. Sometimes I get paranoid that he's not happy by a TEXT. Pathetic, I know. Also, I know his school is very demanding (it's underwater diving and welding) and it's very intense because it's a 5 month program, so he's always doing something. and he's beginning to feel really worn out and his days get busier. Could someone give me advice on how to cope? and by cope I mean, that sad feeling inside when you don't hear from them for a while. I have a lot of problems and let me imagination run away with me. Me and Casey have a very good relationship. We dated for 3 months before he left and established a very stable relationship. Just after my history with my last ex giving up and cheating on me, it's very hard to not imagine the worse, ya know?

any help i would appreciate. I also look forward to meeting people on here

Humm.. my SO always busy, and i kept telling that he love his computer/work more than he love me.

Just try to be more busy with your school and other positive activity. When you feel you want to talk with him just wrote a letter for him, well you could post it or maybe when you met again you will give it all to him. Or better if you both had a diary, and you could send it to each other sometimes. To wrote about your days how is it, about everything that he missed about your feeling, about how this LDR drive you almost nuts...

For me i rarely chat with him these days. So i just wrote letter and post it to him. Every 2 weeks he will have a pink envelope (as my signature) from me. Sometimes i send him a postcard. I always did this.. not really expect him do the same... as in another post men a and woman are different!

But yeah... just try to be positive

Comment

Working...
    X