Why Am I Not Excited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Am I Not Excited?

Maybe it hasn't really set in yet that I'm going to see him again, but ... I'm just not excited.

Originally when we were planning this trip out my boyfriend was planning on coming Thursday night, and leaving Tuesday night. Now he's leaving Sunday night because his work is giving him the run around as to the Tuesday off so he decided he'd rather leave here Sunday so he can spend the 4th of July celebrating with his friends instead of travelling. I can't blame him for that.

He's going to be here in 20 days and I'm just not really excited and I feel really badly about about it. I don't know if it's because the disappointment has overshadowed my excitement, but I just want to be excited about seeing him again. I miss him so much.

You will get excited, there's 20 days yet! And even if you didn't, once you see him you'll forget your disappointment in a second! Life gets in the way of your plans sometimes but hey, you still get to spend time with him so try to enjoy the anticipation

Comment

I agree with Tanja. Sometimes it takes a while to really get excited. The night before, you'll be so excited to see him. I know that I am usually more excited about the visit when I'm the one that's going. I get excited about him coming to visit, but it takes a little bit more time. Then usually, I'm stressing about getting everything ready for him. Maybe it's the same thing for you.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
        I agree with Tanja. Sometimes it takes a while to really get excited. The night before, you'll be so excited to see him. I know that I am usually more excited about the visit when I'm the one that's going. I get excited about him coming to visit, but it takes a little bit more time. Then usually, I'm stressing about getting everything ready for him. Maybe it's the same thing for you.
        I am starting to stress out about getting everything ready for him, but it's still too far away for me to do anything except figure out what we're going to do and then maybe start cleaning next week (dusting and what not so its easy to do the day before).

The first time we met I was so nervous and excited about seeing him, this time, I'm so blah about it. Maybe I just need more time. lol, I was excited before we booked the tickets, but now that they are booked, not so much. Funny how that works ...

Comment

Wait a minute, you said you missed him a whole lot? Then you ARE looking forward to seeing him again! You might not feel as giddy as before because you have a lot to get ready and he's not staying quite as long. But you saying how much you miss him, means that you do want to see him again. It's okay to be more low key about it.

and HOORAY! Only 20 more days!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            Wait a minute, you said you missed him a whole lot? Then you ARE looking forward to seeing him again! You might not feel as giddy as before because you have a lot to get ready and he's not staying quite as long. But you saying how much you miss him, means that you do want to see him again. It's okay to be more low key about it.

and HOORAY! Only 20 more days!
            Of course I miss him. When he left I felt like the other half of me was leaving and it was horrible. Every moment since then I've been waiting for him to come back. I think that the disappointment I feel to the not having as long as we've planned has overshadowed me being excited at the moment.

Too, we have so much going on in our relationship - things that will basically make or break our relationship, so part of me is just so nervous about that.

I know I can't wait to be in his arms again and I think about it all the time, maybe reality hasn't hit in that he's actually coming back even though the tickets are booked. I just thought I'd be much more excited than I am, I feel worried.

Comment

I just went thru this exact same thing. I was apart from my SO for about 5 months and the closer we got to my visit, the less excited and more nervous I felt. It should be the opposite, right? I too worried that something was wrong with me or the relationship and my lack of excitement was a clear sign we were doomed. Wrong. I didn't really begin to feel excited until the day before my flight. In the airport I called him just to say I couldn't wait to see him and I was so excited the day we had been counting down to had finally arrived. It's a great feeling.

Comment

Working...
              X