Facebook new video chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook new video chat

Facebook just came out with video chat. It's simple to use, you just install it by going to https://www.facebook.com/videocalling. Then when you're chatting, you just click on the video camera icon to call them. My SO and I used it tonight. We actually rarely video chat, and we're trying to start doing it more, then FB came out with this just in time. We both have Skype, but instead of opening up Skype, we just tried this out. Just another option I thought I'd share in case anyone didn't know about it yet!
    Happy webcamming!

Do you know if it works on the phones too? If so, YAY!

Comment

Ooh! I didn't even think about that! I just looked it up to see, and according to an online article I read, it won't let you do it on phones yet. But I'm sure they're working on a way for that to happen. However, in the same article I read that you can record videos to send to them later if they're offline on Facebook. Fun. Lol. https://www.usatoday.com/tech/column...deo-chat_n.htm

Comment

Love this. My boyfriend has skype on his android, but it won't let him use the camera... and he currently doesn't have internet for his laptop so I would looooveeee a way to see his face!

Comment

Interesting! My SO and I always use Skype, but we might just try Facebook video one day. I wonder how good the quality is...?

Comment

It is such a great addition!!!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Me and my SO have used OOVOO in the past to video with one another. This morning as he was waking up, we tried the new facebook video chat, and really like it. Makes it simpler than trying to catch each other online with OOVOO. The quality was very good better than stand alone skype. LDRs will become alot easier with this new addition to facebook .
              I lost you, I just hope not for forever :'(

Comment

I definitely should try this with my family - we have FB, then we won't have to download more programs. Thinking of giving it a shot.
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

So glad I found this post as I was going to post something about it because I wanted to know how good the quality of the video is. So is the quality better than Skype and ooVoo?

Comment

I'm definitely gonna give this a go with my SO sometime It's a great addition to Facebook, and it should make things a lot easier for people to chat face to face

Comment

My SO and I tried it before, I think it was okay.. but we still prefer Oovoo, it wasn't anything spectacular, not better than Oovoo in our opinions, but I think it was okay... it could definitely be helpful to other people as they wouldn't have to open up another program. Happy webcamming!

Comment

My SO and I tried to videochat yesterday without success. We tried tinychat and that didn't work. So sad see it now that we can't try. :/
                        Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

My SO and I used it just recently. I think the video quality is better than skype actually. Although, she doesn't currently have a working microphone, so idk about the sound quality yet. I plan to use it more tho.
                          1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
                          Progress: 3/26
                          Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
                          Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

Working...
                          X