Distance = CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance = CLOSED

After a whirlwind few days which involved me running through Schiphol airport with nothing but a handbag and nearly missing my flight home, I'm back with my SO. A long drive in a van from my old home, right across England, then France, Belgium before finally making it home to my SO and to where I already feel I totally belong.

Now I just need to find work to know for sure I can stay here with him, and fingers crossed, I can get work in a call center not to far from my new hometown. I have the training day on Monday, after a slight delay. My things are still scattered around me in boxes, my pc half died on me, but I resurrected it today and hope it will live a little while longer as there are no funds to fix it, and I need it so badly to work on my CV and job applications. All that aside, it's wonderful to know there should be no plane ride back home and when we say goodbye, it's only to send him to work.

I'm still stunned as it's only been six months since we first became a couple, but at my age, it's just not worth waiting to make sure it will work, we just will make it work and we can only do that by being together. We were lucky that immigration issues and things couldn't hold us back, and in that I could hitch a van ride here for me and worldy goods as my daughter was coming to get her boyfriend from the same country.

Hope everything will go well for the two of you. Good luck with your job! And you're so lucky that you didn't encounter problems with the visa - I am so afraid only when I think about visa and all related to it, lol.

Comment

Thank you for the nice wishes. As for the visa, it wasn't needed as I was just moving from one EU area to another, but still many miles from my old home and two lots of water to cross, we were very lucky in that respect compared to a lot of people here.

Comment

Working...
      X