Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

For those in international LDRs, can you depend on reliable mail service or do you have to deal with long waits?

I mailed out my first letter to my SO 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived (US to Nicaragua). I'm a little nervous b/c there is apparently a big problem with lost/stolen mail and on top of that, there is no real address system (addresses are something like: 100 meters down the road from the football field, across from the bus stop). I am just hoping it arrives ok, I wrote something really sweet and sprayed perfume on it and everything

I don't trust the mail service. The last time I sent a registered package to my boyfriend and was tracking it for a week and a half, until it said it was redirected, and stayed that way for a month. Slightly more than a month later the package arrived at MY doorstep. What a waste of my money. ):

Comment

Most things only take about a week between PA, USA and Helsinki, Finland. Letters are a bit quicker, but occasionally customs decides to hold on to packages. It took three weeks before they notified him of one of the packages I sent. I'd imagine Nicaragua might take awhile, but since it was just a letter, there's no reason for anyone to be too interested in it. Hope it gets to him soon!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        Most things only take about a week between PA, USA and Helsinki, Finland. Letters are a bit quicker, but occasionally customs decides to hold on to packages. It took three weeks before they notified him of one of the packages I sent. I'd imagine Nicaragua might take awhile, but since it was just a letter, there's no reason for anyone to be too interested in it. Hope it gets to him soon!
        Wow, a week all the way to Finland is super fast! I think I'd be way too nervous to send a package to him. You would figure a letter would be uninteresting to most, but the only way to find out if there's cash inside is to rip it open and take a look. This is what I'm most nervous about b/c if it does get opened, it certainly wouldn't be delivered.

Comment

A week to Finland? Wow that's some kinda wonderful postal system! My last letter took 3 weeks to go from Canada to the US... I could have WALKED it there faster, haha.

Comment

yeah i'm actually waiting on a letter right now, usually it is between 2-3 weeks to go from canada to Usa, i really don't know why it takes that long being we're both in north america and it's not that far.....

Comment

It depends. A postcard or a letter/small package usually takes one week (Germany to New Zealand). It also took up to two weeks at one point though. A box takes around two to three weeks. Maybe even longer. I once sent a big box full of clothes to my SO and it took around three or four weeks.

Comment

It takes about two weeks from my country (Austria) to my SO's adress (South Africa), if I want to send a care package. However, that was the only time it worked my way because the other three times package was lost or stolen. Grrr..... I hate unreliable postage system! And I really want my packages to get to him on time....

Comment

used to take 4 days, last time I sent one it took THREE WEEKS! Flipping mail has slowed to a crawl between USA and UK it seems to me lately Or they just hate me lol
                  Ann

Comment

Today makes a month and the letter still hasn't arrived. Starting to lose hope

Comment

My SO has sent me small packages and i've sent him letters in the past. From Scotland to here in California it took about a week only
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

when i sent the package to him it took somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks (from Pa, USA to Brisbane, Aus) seemed pretty good considering XD it got there like 2 days after his bday >.> so the timing was reall close

Comment

So, I found out my letter just got there. Total time US to Nicaragua= 7 weeks.

Comment

That's insane.

My partner is in Dublin. I'm in California. When I send him something, be it a package, a letter, etc., it takes about a week or even less than that.
                            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                            Met online: February 2009
                            Feelings confessed: December 2010
                            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                            to be continued...

Comment

So far I only sent one package from Germany to my boyfriend in China. I expected it to take at least one weeks. But only six days later I got a message from my SO: Your package arrived

Comment

Working...
                              X