Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the US to England it averages about 7-10 days. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes less. I've found though that if I mail it at the beginning of the week rather than a Friday or Saturday it takes less time for some reason. I guess something to do with when the mail is distributed.

Comment

Don't start....
      When my SO lived in south africa, it took my enveloppes 3-4 weekd to arrive.
      Now he lives in Australia. wellll.....
      I sent him a christmas box end november. I got it sent back to my house again 2 weeks ago (so 4 months later). Have no idea why.
      I sent him an enveloppe 3 weeks ago, and he still hasn't recieved it.
      Arghhh!!

Comment

The first letter I sent to my gf never got there. :-(

Comment

It usually takes about a week or so for my packages to get from the UK to PA. at christmas it took nearly 3 weeks but yeah it was christmas so i expected that. valentines was a little bit late as well but if it's a small package it usually gets there in about a week or so. for letters it normally takes a week as well but there has been a few occasions now were it has only taken 3-5 days and that's been really amazing. the American post system is very temperamental and sucks a lot of the time but it's okay some times :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

It take around 10 days to reach her and the same time for their letters to join me when they are not lost ... I have never receive my superman brief :'(

Comment

Apparently forever. None of my letters and packages have ever arrived... so I've given up on sending things.

Comment

4-5 days for normal letters and greeting cards. I havent sent him any packages yet.

Comment

Another person here to whine that when I sent her a birthday card it took a dang MONTH. Come on, Customs, stop acting like Canada is China.
                  We once sent a birthday package to a friend in the UK. Got there faster.
                  Met: Apr 2013
                  Mutual interest: July 2013
                  Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                  First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                  Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                  Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                  Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                  Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
                    Another person here to whine that when I sent her a birthday card it took a dang MONTH. Come on, Customs, stop acting like Canada is China.
                    We once sent a birthday package to a friend in the UK. Got there faster.
                    Aparently 4 weeks to get a package I sent that was meant to take 2 and I am in the UK sending to the US. Yet sometimes it takes a few days for something to get here from the US. It really depends on the mail.
                    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Between 7-10 days from Japan to Cambodia.

Comment

Letters can get there in 2-5 weeks. I don't know about packages. I feel any large package will get lost unless I use some premium service.
                        First contact: March, 2014
                        Official LDR: June, 2014
                        Married since: August, 2017
                        “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Working...
                        X