Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by books View Post
    So, I found out my letter just got there. Total time US to Nicaragua= 7 weeks.
    That's exactly how long it takes from USA-Costa Rica with the "street" addresses. Can your SO get a PO box? When I sent stuff to my SO's PO box it got there in 2-3 weeks. To the "100 m sur de la casa presidencial, casa blanca, porton negro" it takes that good 7 weeks.

Comment

from UK to Canada, it took about a weed for a package to get there. International does take a while, depending on if you send it airmail or ship it

Comment

Usually it takes about 6 days US---->UK for me.

First Met Online: October 2010
        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

My first package I sent (from Belgium to Brazil) took like 6 weeks. -_- But I guess that's because I didn't put his postal code there since he didnt know it. and we forgot to put his bairro thing, I dunno what that is in english xD Brazil adresses are so long and complicated. I gave up hoping after a few weeks, I thought it got lost but then my SO opened his cam and showed me the things I sent him. I was so happy So I am still thankfull it arrived.

Last week on tuesday I sent him another package, but now with the postal code AND bairro xD the lady at the post office told me it would take like a week but I dunno if I can believe that. We'll see I guess

Comment

The Netherlands - MN, USA is about a week. Same with packages. One time I sent him something that had to get there within 3 days, so I let my mom ship it through her work. It was freaking expensive but it worked, haha! We only lost a USB stick once, apparantly the enveloppe wasn't strong enough. But it wasn't a big deal.

Comment

When i sent stuff anything between a week and 2 weeks was normal (UK-Canada) but when he sent something it took 6 weeks.
              Go figure
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hmm well when I sent my friend Chris his birthday present last year, it took about 4-5 days for it to reach him and he lives in Arizona and I'm in the UK. Shouldn't be too long to get to America I guess lol

Comment

Well, I just found out today, that christmas letter I set over a week ago is going to Australia 'by land' (thats what the lady at the call center said, although I cant imagine anything going from europe to aus BY LAND), so that probably means whatever but NOT AIR . I'm afraid he'll get it for easter, if we're lucky.

So, apparently we get to choose whether its a priority mail (gets to Aus within 6-14 days) or economic (... up to 3-4 months ? ! ? ! ), frankly, nobody ever asked me and I found out the hard way.

Comment

usually around a week, from Sweden to the Netherlands.

Comment

It usually takes letters about 2 weeks and packages about 2-3 weeks for Seattle, WA to London, England lol I can't complain though because we usually send each other a letter or a little something regularly so we're always sending or receiving something

I love it!

Comment

3-7 working days from the UK to France

Comment

Italy-Germany takes 3-5 working days for letters/postcards

Comment

I sent an envelope of cards and letters to my SO and it took 3 weeks and 2 days to reach him.
                            (From Philippines to the US)

The lady at the post office then told me that it would take at least 10 days, but during peak season, it takes longer.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie View Post
                              Well, I just found out today, that christmas letter I set over a week ago is going to Australia 'by land' (thats what the lady at the call center said, although I cant imagine anything going from europe to aus BY LAND), so that probably means whatever but NOT AIR . I'm afraid he'll get it for easter, if we're lucky.

So, apparently we get to choose whether its a priority mail (gets to Aus within 6-14 days) or economic (... up to 3-4 months ? ! ? ! ), frankly, nobody ever asked me and I found out the hard way.
                              Hmm that is weird. It takes me around 10 working days to get a letter sent from Australia to Estonia (and vice versa). That is by the usual Air Mail

Comment

Since I live in Indonesia and my SO lives in the US, the letter will be received by him in 2 or 3 weeks. I've tried this a few times
                                "We are just two kids in love" <3

Comment

Working...
                                X