Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for a letter to reach your SO's country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaitycat View Post
    A week to Finland? Wow that's some kinda wonderful postal system! My last letter took 3 weeks to go from Canada to the US... I could have WALKED it there faster, haha.
    Super strange. It takes about 2 weeks to get from the western US all the way to Israel. O.o

Comment

From Australia to the Eastern U.S, it's about 2 weeks. But from Australia to the Western US, it only took about a week.
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
        From Australia to the Eastern U.S, it's about 2 weeks. But from Australia to the Western US, it only took about a week.
        yep! that's just what I was going to say. Australia to eastern US is about two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by one-more-reason View Post
          yep! that's just what I was going to say. Australia to eastern US is about two weeks.
          Although now that I've said that, the card that I just sent for our Anniversary only took exactly a week to reach him instead of the two I was expecting, lol.
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Our letters usually got to each other in as little as 3 days, if we were lucky. I guess it's usually 3-5 working days. From Finland to England, that is. Bigger parcels can take longer, over a week or something.

Comment

oh my god , i'm managing to send my SO a letter this week , i already wrote it on draft , i hope she will get it when i send it to her !!!

Comment

China to U.S. - at least 2-3 weeks for a letter. 4+ weeks to receive a package here in China.

Comment

My boyfriend and I live in the same country (opposite sides) and some of you get your mail quicker than either of us do!! That's pretty cool, though, that it's able to get there within days sometimes

Comment

First time poster, long time lurker ;x I mailed a semi-small package (one of those bubble letter-sized envelopes) to my boy on July 19th in hopes it would get to him in time for his birthday. I realised it would take a while to get from Canada to the UK. I read awful things about how horrendous Canada Post is after I mailed it *faceplam* Now I'm a tad apprehensive The last time I sent something larger it came with tracking and was there within 6 days and same when he sent me a regular letter. I'm hoping it gets there within the next week *fingers crossed*
                    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Romania - Belgium 6-7days for letters, no idea about packages.. yet. Sure is more expensive than any other country closer to mine for some reason

Comment

Unfortunately, there are high chances of lost/stolen mail in the Philippines if you didn't send it through EMS, etc. I sent a letter a month ago and he still has not received it. I feel really disappointed because it was the first time I sent him a hand written letter, not a greeting card.

I've learned my lesson. I would rather pay for a reliable mailing service than take another chance with my letters.

PS:
                        I scanned it before I sent it, so I just sent it through e-mail instead. At least he was still able to read what's in it.

Comment

For me to send a letter to my SO it takes about 3 - 5 days, whereas for him to send a letter to me, it takes about a week. And packages take longer, almost 2 weeks both ways :/ The postal service is reliable, which is good, but it does worry me sometimes when it takes so long!
                          No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Well, he still hasn't received his birthday package and it will be a month since I mailed it this Sunday :/ I know one person here said it took them 6 weeks to receive their SO's letter from Canada. Have any other Canucks had similar experiences with international mail delay? I've read about higher security during the Olympics slowing things down and I'm worried that I may not have detailed exactly what was in there on the slip which might also be causing a holdup. I wonder if I should start re-doing everything and re-send with tracking? grrr.
                            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

More than a week but less than two. Usually 9 days. None of our mails has been lost yet and I hope it will stay that way. During winter months it might get more lengthy.

Comment

The post tends to be very spotty for me between Massachusetts, USA and Lima, Peru. Sometimes it will take less than a week to get to my boyfriend, but there have also been times where the letter took more than a month to arrive, and one instance where the letter disappeared entirely. He has only sent me one letter so far, and it took a couple weeks to get from him to me.

We haven't sent each other packages because it's so ridiculously expensive and you have to fill out extra customs forms and stuff. Peru also has the weirdest list of prohibited items.
                                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X