Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Ordering Airline Tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Ordering Airline Tickets?

Forgive me for my ignorance! I've never flown before, much less bought plane tickets. I was thinking about ordering my tickets from KY to PA through something like hotwire.com or priceline.com. How do you get the tickets with those sites--do you print them out at home, take a slip to the airport and pick them up there or does the company mail them to you? I'm hoping that this is making sense! I just the advice of more experienced travelers!

You got it right. You print it off at home then bring it to the airport, just as you said.

Comment

Yep, bring the confirmation email and give it to the guy at the check in together with your passports and he will give you your boarding pass. (:

Comment

you don't need a printout of the confirmation. You can just save the confirmation number on your phone and you will be fine. I usually have the confirmation email on my phone but I usually just swipe my passport at the self check-in kiosk for international flights or my miles card and my information pops up for domestic flights.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it depends. I booked Delta and they gave me the option of checking in online and printing out my boarding passes. What I did was choose to print out the confirmation e-mail and write down the confirmation number (this ended up being necessary). I checked in at a self-check in kiosk by scanning the bar code on the e-mail they sent me and then had to enter the confirmation number. When I've travelled internationally in the past, I've brought the confirmation e-mail in up to the check-in desk itself. Usually the e-mails you receive have pretty clear instructions on what to do to check-in.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

Thanks everyone! I ended up flying with Continental and printing out my boarding passes at home and taking them to the airport with me.

Comment

that is what I do, I just print it and bring it to the airport, sometimes I do the check out online the naight before my trip so you can print directly your boarding pass, but I only do that when I don't bring any baggage, to save time... If I bring a suitcase or something then I don't do that because you need to do the line and everything to leave your stuff...

Comment

Working...
              X