How a stranger became the love of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How a stranger became the love of my life

I’ll keep it short, it was a normal day, December 7th 2009, I was off from school and was meeting up with some friends later on. I’ve been going on this website ‘Omegle’ for the last few weeks when a friend told me about it. Omegle.com is a website where you can talk to complete strangers from all over the world. I said to myself that this was the last person I’ll talk to and then I’ll get ready and go out. So, I pressed the button ‘Talk to a stranger’. We started talking, both not knowing who in the world we were talking to, the usual ‘Hi, how are you doing?’ were in order, he told me his name was Chuck. He was 18 and from Holland and I 15 and living in Ireland. After about 5 to 10minutes of conversation, nothing special, he asked for my MSN. I really didn’t find that super awesome since on this website every second person would ask for MSN or Facebook. But, anyway I gave it to him.

That’s when it all began, that night we talked again, and the night after that and the night after that. On New Year’s I got an email from Chuck, that was the first time he ‘said’ he loved me. A week later we saw each other on webcam for the first time. And around that time I found out his actually name, (he sort of forgot to tell me that his actually name was Niek not Chuck, and that was just a nickname, he felt bad, but I still find hilarious.)

Then we started planning when we could see each other in person. The idea was end of summer 2010. I told my mum in February but she didn’t take me too seriously. The months flew by and before we knew it was summer and it was time to officially tell our parents about our plans. Niek was of course scared, in case his mum completely disapproved, so it took some time before he told, end of July. And the very morning he told he also ordered his tickets to come to Ireland.

August 12th, I picked him up from the airport but of course I was late! One of the most nerve-racking days in my life! He met my parents, had dinner all together. Went away on a little trip and on the 16th of August he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, he had these Yin and Yang necklaces for me and him, his had my name on it and mind had his name on it. He left 5 days later, and came over once a month until New Year’s. And then finally that February I flew to Holland to meet his family. We travelled back and forth until summer. And in July of 2011 I stayed in Holland for a whole month and he came to Ireland after that for 3 weeks in August. We’re planning a trip again the second we get a chance. Long distance is hard, but what we have is so worth it!

The best year and a half of my life!
    Last edited by Viky; August 30, 2011, 02:45 PM. Reason: i want picture

Welcome to the site!
    I'm so jealous of how much you get to see your SO!
    Cute story, thanks for sharing xx

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thanks, awesome site!
      And yeah in that sence i suppose we are very lucky!
      But even that time apart seems to long xD
      I should be happy, some people don't see their love for more then a year!

Comment

We met on Omegle too! It's too funny looking back on how that silly little site turned into the greatest thing that's ever happened to me..

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

OMG!!! Thats so coool! Yeah, you would never think a site like omegle would help you meet your love!!!!! Glad im not alone

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
            We met on Omegle too! It's too funny looking back on how that silly little site turned into the greatest thing that's ever happened to me..
            Wow awesome! And it was almost like I was reading my own post haha, I used to say "clicking that chat button was the best thing I ever did".

(I'm Viky's guy btw :P hello everyone )

Comment

Oooo I really romantic and cute story, sounds like a Meg Ryan Movie

Comment

Thanks
                Meg Ryan should take notes from people on this site!!!
                Thats what great movies are made of!

Comment

Thats heart touching. We dunno when and where we gonna meet our love, unexpected things happen in our life!

Comment

It's a good thing your parents approve! It would be a tricky situation if they didn't.
                    He sounds really nice! Keep us updated! What a cute story

Comment

Originally posted by msskunk View Post
                      We dunno when and where we gonna meet our love, unexpected things happen in our life!
                      Perfectly said! Agree completely, everything happens for reason! And i swear i'll spend the rest of my life appretiating that unexpected thing!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
                      It's a good thing your parents approve! It would be a tricky situation if they didn't.
                      My mum is still a little bit unsure, but even she has come around, and has even asked me when we're planning on getting married xD
                      And his parents are almost completely okay with the whole situation.

Comment

Originally posted by msskunk View Post
                        We dunno when and where we gonna meet our love, unexpected things happen in our life!
                        Thank you
                        perfect example of...destiny!! <3
                        Love is so great that way!

Comment

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet

Comment

Love that!!!! Thats an awesome way of putting it

Comment

Originally posted by Viky View Post
                              he had these Yin and Yang necklaces for me and him, his had my name on it and mind had his name on it.
                              That is so thoughtful and cute! Congratulations! You sound very happy !

"I've got your voice on tape,
                              I've got your words in me,
                              I don't want anything else.
                              I don't want anyone else."

"you are marvelous
                              the gods wait to delight in you."

Comment

Working...
                              X