It's that time of year again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year again

Where we're all asking for advice about what to get that special someone. Well of course, I have no idea what to get Erik, but that's a different story. My current dilemma is that he keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and I have NO IDEA WHAT TO TELL HIM. I hate asking him for things. I -never- do. When it comes to birthdays and holidays I don't expect anything from him, but he always asks what I want. I feel for him, because I know he wants to get me something. I feel the same way, but I just don't know how to help him out. Most of it is because I have no clue what I want, and I also don't want to ask him for anything other than the love and support he already gives me.

What do you guys do to help your SO figure out what kind of gifts you'd like?

I generally mention stuff I'd like to get for myself all year round. I'm not hinting that he should buy it for me, it just comes up in conversation :P I think that and just knowing my interests in general make it easy for him to buy gifts for me; he's never had to ask what I want.

It probably helps that we're both huge nerds. Thinkgeek.com is a gold mine for gifts :P

Comment

I never tell my SO want I want. Not for Christmas, my birthday or any other special occassion. I don't like saying "buy me this or that". I want her to pick something out for me. No matter what it is. It's more meaningful that way.

Comment

Generally I don't say anything because he doesn't ask anymore. His family all make wishlists and share them with each other, and he asked me for one a few years back. I told him if he doesn't know me well enough to choose something then he shouldn't be giving me things.

I did make a request this year though, I asked for earings And to do that I said, "Hey thinking of Christmas, can you buy me some earings?" He was terribly shocked lol
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X