Learn a language together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn a language together!

I'm already learning HIS language (portuguese) even though he speaks English fluently. But we keep talking about how we want to learn another one. I think we'll try French next (we both already took this in school) but maybe Swedish after that.

It's fun to talk to each other in a different language and it's good practice!
    <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

i wanted to do this, well kinda, i wanted us both to take ASL at the same time

Comment

We met in Germany and so we'd practice German together and we both have language tapes (mp3s now I guess) that we'll play together so that we don't forget it ow that we don't live there anymore

Comment

yeah definitely a great idea! I'm learning Arabic now so I'll understand him better, and I've been teaching him some Swiss German It's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!! :3
        Nothing ever comes with ease,
        the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees

Comment

We both know Span/Eng, but I'm taking Italian right now. I always read my homework out loud to him and he tells me I sound horrible Which I probably do!!

Comment

My SO is Russian, but was adopted at the age of 3 so he doesn't remember the language. He does a lot of things to try and learn more about his culture and heritage. We both speak English and I also speak Spanish. Maybe I'll ask him if he wants to try and learn Russian with me.

Comment

liv4cause Oh - Suisse Deutsch? I think that's what we called it in German class. It was so hard for me to understand even with taking so many years of German. Good luck to him!

Hildy I've always wanted to try Russian, too, but I hear it's really hard! :O
              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Id like to do this but neither of us have time! Id love to learn Russian and i know he'd love to learn Japanese :P

Comment

We're trying to learn each others language at the moment. He speaks korean and i speak cantonese. Thing is he totally fluent but i can only speak canto lol. So i cant help him at all with the writing instead we're trying to learn my mother tongue together.

He also knows japanese and i know basic, so at some point i'd like to brush up on that aswell

Comment

fun! Now I am going to ask him to teach me swahili. I know one word so far (Nakupenda). It means I love you.

Comment

ooo yeah! My SO knows japanese. I totally want him to teach me it, He's taught me a few words... but I forgot. I totally think it would be cool though if he taught me it.
                      "Let me be your hero" ..... ♥ "I can kiss away the pain"

Comment

Ohh I like this idea. He's learning Japanese and I once tried to years ago. Maybe I should pick up lessons again.

For his birthday I sent a little art card with a japanese saying on the back and he looooved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xandergirl20 View Post
                          fun! Now I am going to ask him to teach me swahili. I know one word so far (Nakupenda). It means I love you.
                          Simba means lion... or so I was told that at one point... People do like to tell me untrue things.

Anyway, back on topic, my SO and I both know a good deal of French, and he knows Welsh (I guess because he lives in Wales lol), which I want to learn.

First Met Online: October 2010
                          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

A good idea. He speaks fluent English but is forcing me to learning his native language...he says English is to clinical and that the only way to make love is in ******. Hmmmm...

Comment

We're both learning different languages right now. He is learning German (it's my native language, his is english), and I am learning French because I need it for work. I already speak a bit of Spanish too but I think I've forgotten most of it by now

Comment

Working...
                              X