Soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!

My mom and her boyfriend (*ahem* fiance) are coming to visit me and my SO next week! My mom just wrote me an email saying they want to get married down here!!!! We're not a religious family, so it'll just be a courthouse deal. So I'm busy looking up a lawyer that will marry them (there's like a million).

I'm really excited they're going to get married here. They were going to get married in May next year, and I wasn't going to be able to be there. So I'm siked I get to be a part of it! My mom's favorite flowers are orchids, and orchids are the national flower here. They're EVERYWHERE and super cheap. So I think I'll get her a bouquet of orchids.

Then to celebrate we'll go off and drink Imperials and eat patacones. Yum!

Just had to tell SOMEONE. Because I can't say anything on facebook...!!!

That's exciting!! What a nice surprise, it's great you will be able to share it with them. Can they get married there and it be legal in the states? I watched the Hills today and it was the one where spencer and heidi got married in Mexico but it wasn't valid when they went home.

Ps - I thought this was going to be about you when I read where you'd posted it haha....I mean jajaja!

Comment

Well it should be legal when they get home. It depends on the state. But that's not my responsibility to look up. They can figure it out when they get back home

And yeah, I gotta stop faking people out!

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Well I just started looking up what kind of marriage license are accepted in my home state, and I found out that one can be married as young as 14, and also you can marry your first cousin.

Comment

this is so great! it sounds like a wonderful idea and i'm sure you'll all enjoy a "destination" wedding
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Yay!
          That's a really cute idea of your mum and her fiance. Have fun together.

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          My mom and her boyfriend (*ahem* fiance)

My mum actually got married this August and I still say "my mum and her boyfriend". "My mum and her husband" just sounds so weird.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Wonderful news!
            Oh and btw, just like snow_girl, I also thought this was going to be about you!!

P.s: The patacones part made me hungry, how I miss my patacones!!! -sigh-

Comment

Originally posted by LatinButterfly View Post
              P.s: The patacones part made me hungry, how I miss my patacones!!! -sigh-
              I looooooooove patacones!! And I just can't seem to make them myself. So I'm glad I'm back in the land of platano!

Comment

That's so great! I know how much you wanted to be there for it

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post

My mum actually got married this August and I still say "my mum and her boyfriend". "My mum and her husband" just sounds so weird.
                  Yeah my dad got re-married in June of this year and I call her "my dad's wife". I don't like saying stepmother, cuz it's not like she's been a mother to me. She's nice, but she's not a mother. Don't mind saying it in Spanish though. In fact it sounds evil: madrastra!

Comment

That's awesome! Excited for you that you will get to be there for their big day

Comment

[/COLOR]Well I just started looking up what kind of marriage license are accepted in my home state, and I found out that one can be married as young as 14, and also you can marry your first cousin.
                      You can marry your first cousin in many countries actually, for sure in england and italy, but i must say it's quite frowned upon :P

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Yeah my dad got re-married in June of this year and I call her "my dad's wife". I don't like saying stepmother, cuz it's not like she's been a mother to me. She's nice, but she's not a mother. Don't mind saying it in Spanish though. In fact it sounds evil: madrastra!

madrastra and padrastro are nice words. hahahaha. i dont like the boyfriend of my SO's mother. so he trully is a padrasto! HAHAHA
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                        X