past the 1st month mark.. and yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

past the 1st month mark.. and yet.

hi guys- my first thread- so sorry if i ramble a bit.

was having a convo with my BF tonight and we both realised its been a month now since i've moved away from our flat to start my job.
    >>fyi my job is only for 6 months, after which i intend to move back to our flat. its just that the job is a fair way away from our town<<

it seems to have flown by! which is great. and we're- alright i'll rephrase that I am- thinking bout xmas etc. (he's not so big on xmas) and i'm going to go back for a weekend next friday.

and yet? thing is we've spent this long apart before when i was working glasto. but the feelings of excitment etc are... less?

i'll put it another way. when i was working glasto- i'd be at this point, after 3 weeks of living in a tent, working 12hrs every day, texting at every opportune moment dirty thoughts to my SO. as well as sweet texts. when i got home from working the festival, we couldn't keep apart.

fast forward to now, with the same time apart and expected return- the sexual tension etc is noticebly less. we DO miss each other.. there have been times when i've cried into the phone to him becoz i'm soo lonely up here (been v.difficult to make friends)- but also sent him rude pics and sweet notes.

but anyways this difference in feeling is it becoz we realise that this is but the first hurdle of the 6months?? how has everyone else reacted to a milestone occasion in their LDR??

many thanks. sam xx

It could be that you have in fact spent the time apart for work before. I mean, maybe there is more to it but i really dont think so. I just think that you guys are busy and sometimes it is easier to ignore certain things because when they get brought up it makes the distance harder. Besides that I think that the first months apart is the hardest. After that things seem to normalize.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
    X