Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I moved 300 miles to be with him, but he's only here half the year... usually!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moved 300 miles to be with him, but he's only here half the year... usually!

Okay I'll try and keep it brief!

We worked in the same city and for the same company so met that way. I had a boyfriend at the time but that relationship was failing, and when it did he was a really good friend. Over time we became best friends and really close and discovered there was something special between us.

However he lived 300 miles north west of the city I lived and worked in. He worked out of that city, as his job is based at sea and he would join his ship in the city. Sometimes when the boat didn't have work he'd stay in port loads, which was great because we could hang out! Then we decided to be a couple so it was brilliant. I visited him at his home miles and miles away from the city and when he wasn't working he spent most of the time living with me in the city so we could be together. Through the first few months of our relationship there were periods of a week to a few weeks when we'd be apart, sometimes with no contact because he was away working at sea.

We decided that we were the one's for each other so we agreed to live together. I gave up everything and moved 300 miles to live with him. He works at sea month on month off, so I am committed to a life where I only technically get him half of the year, the sea gets him the rest of the time.

Unfortunately at the moment he's on a one off job which means he wasn't at home for a full month, which coincided with when I moved here!! So he was only here a few weeks then left again, and is on a neverending voyage going practically round the world. He calculated that once he's done he'll have sailed almost 20000 miles. So he's gone for approx 2.5-3 months. Sometimes we have no contact, sometimes I get a short email or a satelitte phonecall in the evenings. He bought me a puppy for my birthday though, so he's making a great companion!

Only about a month-ish till he's back and we can be together again. It'll be like movie love when he comes home... I will be running, jumping, crying like a scene in a bad chick flick I'll be so happy to see him!!!!!

So we sort of have an ongoing LDR... but it's worth it
Working...
X