Our Love Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Love Story

We met in June of 2011 while working at a Boy Scout camp high in the mountains of Colorado. I was the Assistant Cook and he was the Outdoor Skills Director. I started dating a different staff member, and when my boyfriend got fired, Butch took that opportunity to finally tell me he had liked me all summer long. He had tried to tell me before, but he got too nervous and ended up telling me he liked one of the other girls we worked with! Even though I was dating someone, I still felt jealous that he didn't like me, because I really liked him!!

When my boyfriend and I broke up the day he got fired, that night, standing on the dock of the lake, Butch finally admitted his feelings and he kissed me for the first time. Now, it wasn't as romantic as it sounds. The lake had dried up and it was just a bunch of mud and dead fish, very smelly! Even with that, I still saw fireworks and it was everything I had felt, all in one kiss. The next day was the last day of camp, so everyone had to go home. We exchanged phone numbers and he said he would call. He called later that night! We started dating a few days later. We spent the rest of the summer fishing and talking and getting to know each other. I had to go off to my Freshman year of college and he was still in high school. We made love one night under the stars, and it was beautiful, until we were done and realized two men were watching us! That was horrifying, but we laugh about it now.

I went off to college and right away I knew he wasn't ready to be in a serious relationship. I broke up with him and we only talked a few times until summer came again, and we were back at the Boy Scout camp....

By that time, I had another boyfriend. But seeing Butch again brought back all the old feelings, and he and I started to get to know each other again. We spent every night hiking and talking and just being together. One night he took me fishing at midnight, and the stars literally twinkled- I had never seen anything so beautiful. When he kissed me under those stars, I melted. It was the most romantic kiss of my life. I knew on the 4th of July 2012 that I had fallen in love with him. I felt so bad because of my boyfriend, but he and I had been falling apart for a while. Butch and I knew we were in love, but I was so confused. He told me he would be waiting for me when I realized I wanted to be with him. On the last day, Butch kissed me goodbye in front of EVERYONE-all the staff members and his parents. That was the saddest kiss of my life, because I didn't know if I would ever see him again. I was too scared to break up with my boyfriend.

Summer ended, and I flew to Texas to see my boyfriend. The whole time I was with him, I was thinking about Butch. A month later, I broke up with my boyfriend. Butch found out and called me and told me he still loved me. I told him to give me a little time to be single, but we still talked every day. About a month later, I told him I was ready to do what I should have done in July. I asked him to be mine and he said YES!

We've only been together for about 2 months now, but everything finally feels perfect. I know that I made mistakes by not breaking up with my boyfriend right away, and I really don't know why I didn't. I think I was just scared. But we are together now and that is all that matters!!

Thank you for reading!
Working...
X