Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a redneck and a cloggy

Dear all,

I am from Holland, a tiny little country in Europe and this is my story.
    I met my boyfriend when he just arrived in Holland. He was looking for a job and was hoping to start a new life in Holland.
    From the first moment everything was perfect, and I was crazy about him. I saw him as the person I wanted to grow old with. Our relationship was perfect for a year, untill he had to leave.
    His visa ran out and he couldnt get a new work permit. Luckily, Im in an international school, and luckily, finding an internship in the states was really easy for me.
    And thats the point where I am right now. He left the country a month ago and im about to leave on a 12 month internship in the usa.
    I do have to say that I under estimated this whole long distance thing.. During the first week, we talked for hours every single day. But then he started working and the time difference made it almost impossible to talk. Now he is dealing with some computer problems and we are slowely but surely losing the only form of communication we have.
    Even though, I am going to the states in a week, we will still be about 2000 miles away from each other.
    When he left we had made a plan... As soon as i arrived in the usa, he would find a job close to where I am and make this work!
    Now that our communication is getting less and less I am starting to become more insecure about our relationship. I have no clue what is on his mind, I am loosing face and have the feeling that our emotional relationship is slowely fading.. And its killing me..
    Now he is saying that the job he has right now is fine, and he is going to stay there 1, maybe 2, months longer.. And all of this together feels like the beginning of the end...
    Because of this insecurity I booked a ticket that I actually cant afford, to where I could visit him for a couple of days before starting my internship..
    To be honest, I just want to try my upmost best to save this relationship. I feel that if I do not do this now, it will probably be over...
    And if it is already, I want to get out of this insecurity and get it over with...

This may be a little bit of a negative story, but what I am trying to say. If you work on keeping good communication and do not under estimate it...
    I think a LDR could work out...
Working...
X