Falling in love from 1,000 miles away- my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling in love from 1,000 miles away- my story

I just wanted to share me and my love’s story thus far.

One particularly lonely night, I was on Omegle, hoping to connect with someone I could talk to, and maybe even become friends with. I wasn’t looking for a relationship, especially not a long distance one. I never imagined I would stumble across the love of my life.
    He asked for my Kik (instant messenger), and we began to talk on there. He wanted to see a picture of me, and I hesitantly sent him one. He told me I was pretty, which brought tears to my eyes because I’m not often told that. He sent one back, and I stared at it in disbelief. He was gorgeous, yet he was so insecure, which baffled me. It wasn't just his appearance that drew me in. He was kind, soft spoken, shy, and a total sweetheart. <3
    We talked again the day after that. And again the next day. We began to talk on the phone and Skype. We realized that we had a lot of the same interests, and often remarked how lucky we were to have found each other. We shared the same taste in music, the same insecurities, and our sense of humor was similar in many ways. Every time we talked, I couldn’t stop smiling. We told each other everything, and became best friends.
    I was comfortable with him. I know I could be myself and he wouldn’t judge me. I didn’t have to wear a mask any more. I could act weird and crazy around him and he didn’t mind. He made my confidence skyrocket, and I did the same for him.
    I was falling in love, and I was terrified. He is in Wisconsin, and I am in North Carolina. I didn’t want to be hurt again, and my past experiences with long distance were ones I did not care to remember. But I decided to take a leap of faith and trust him.
    We officially became a couple on New Year’s Eve 2012, and it’s fair to say we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.
    We had many challenges ahead of us. One of our main challenges: telling our friends and parents. Even though we were very enthusiastic about our relationship, we didn’t know how others would react. We eventually opened up about our relationship, and we couldn’t have asked for a more positive reaction. (:
    We have yet to meet each other in person, but I imagine when the time comes it will be perfect.
    We have come a long way, and learned a great deal about each other (and relationships in general) in the process. I have had relationships before this, but this is the one that has taught me what love really is.
    What’s love? Love is painful, but if you can endure, it will make you strong. Love is patient; if you love something you must be willing to wait for it. Love is forgiving; if you love someone enough, you will see past their mistakes.
    And most importantly, love is what holds (long distance or otherwise) relationships together.
    Ben Morgan, you are everything to me. Thank you for looking past my flaws, and loving me just the way I am.
Working...
X