My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I never really believed in the "magic of wishes" or whatever people like to call it, but I have always had wishes on hand, just in case that one penny happened to be lucky or that one meteor happened to have a touch of the supernatural.

A meteor shower in British Columbia and a single meteor in Wisconsin. One wish.

About one week later, I was browsing deviantART, I site that I did and still do frequent, as usual and noticed a message from someone I'd never heard of, just a random note of kindness and admiration of who I am and how I'd handled some issues that had come up between ex friends. A bond quickly began to form, and I began chatting with this man on a daily basis. Our conversations ranged from video games to politics (eww in most cases, but interesting with him) to musings about life, and were some of the deepest, most meaningful conversations I'd had in a long time.

Soon after, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I was ecstatic. I had been waiting for him to ask almost from the beginning, just because of how much he actually made me feel, even though I was extremely depressed when we met. I found out along the way in our relationship that a mutual friend had wanted us to meet because she thought we'd get along nicely... turns out she was more right about that than she'd ever have imagined, as the getting along quickly formed into undying love.

Five months later on March 18th, 2013, after several hours of Skype calls, movies, gaming, and general fun, we finally met in person at Chicago O'Hare International Airport and spent a month together doing all of the things that the internet wouldn't allow us to do. Cuddle, kiss, hold hands, all of the beauty that's lost when you're not meeting in person... People were worried that I wouldn't love him as much when I met him, but they couldn't have been more wrong. I fell for him even more, and knew then, as I had realized long before, that our love was real and meant to be.

When he had to leave me in mid-April, I was devastated. Going back to a long-distance relationship killed me, especially after being with him for such a long time. April until August were some of the hardest months of my life... I was on Skype with him every time I possibly could be, and never really wanted to get offline. Of course, I did continue on with my life, kept up my grades in college, was a productive member of my work crew, and even fit in a bunch of drawing and some gaming. I realized life wasn't so bad, but hated to go on without him.

Come August 1st, I flew up to Canada for the first time to meet his family... and to get married. We were wed on August 4th in a little rose garden in front of his family and my parents and sister, and it was the best day of my life. Such a beautiful ceremony. I stayed with him in Canada until the middle of last week... and, unfortunately, needed to separate again. However, we've organized another trip down here for him, and I hope it will be very soon. (I don't actually know the date, myself. D: )

Anyway, I've pretty much already given my life story. Long story short? Being with Gage, both physically and even on Skype, has been the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I can't imagine the rest of my life without my amazing husband. <3
Working...
X