Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR <3 How we get through it, 2 and a half years later.Feel free to ask any q's :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR <3 How we get through it, 2 and a half years later.Feel free to ask any q's :)

We knew each other a good while before we actually became a couple. We attended the same school and knew each other from Music class as I sing and play piano and Danny plays the guitar.

It all started when a music group got together in the school to enter a talent competition. I was part of the group and so was Danny. In practice for the shows I always found myself strangely drawn to him and even when I had passed him on the corridors in the school I always felt kind of attracted to him I suppose. He was 2 years below me in school so I always just presumed that he was a good bit younger than me. I had chatted to him on facebook a couple of times but nothing really came of it.

The actual romance began on the day of the talent competition we had been preparing for. I was out on the town the night before the competition at a friends birthday party and I got home very late that night and the competition (that was taking place the following morning) was a 3 1/2 hour drive from our school so that meant we had to leave at 7:30 AM so when I got home from the party I actually had text one of my friends to tell the teacher that I would not be able to make it to the competition.

I woke up the following morning (day of the comp) and thought it would be about 12 o'clock in the afternoon but when I looked at the clock it was actually 6:45 AM. I sat there for a while not able to move with tiredness and a slight hangover but then I just said to myself 'What the hell, I'm awake now I might as well go to the comp'. So i got up, got dressed quickly and walked to where we were meeting to get on the bus as quickly as I could. I even left my hair and make up the same way that I had slept in it :P.

When I arrived at the bus the first person I saw was Danny sitting there. Even though there was loads of other people there too and many of whom were my friends for some reason when I saw Danny I felt sort of conscious and nervous. Anyway as the day went on there was a group of us sitting at the back of the bus having a laugh and I actually started to think to myself 'I think I like him'. As i said above I had never really given much thought to it before as I thought he was a lot younger than me but to my surprise I found out that we were the same age and the reason he was 2 years below me in school was because the had to stay back a year.

The day went on and on and I began to like Danny more and more but I didn't tell anyone. One of Danny's friends came over to me and told me that Danny has said that he liked me. I didn't believe her, I thought it was a joke and I didn't want to embarrass myself so i said nothing and just laughed it off.

So by this time It was time to get changed for our time on stage. We did our piece and in the end our school came in 2nd place. After the show we all went outside for some fresh air, we were all on a high from taking part in the show and our adrenaline levels were soaring. There was a big group of us, about 20 people, We were just having fun, taking pictures, joking around. Danny asked me did I want to walk to the shop with him so I did and as we were walking back, we were alone and we had came to a quiet part on the street. I don't really know how it happened but we just kissed. When we got back to the rest of the group everyone had somehow guessed what happened and they were all teasing us about it, not in a bad way, just joking.

It was late at night by the time we got in the bus to go back home. Everyone fell asleep on the way home. Danny and I were sitting beside each other and I feel asleep on his shoulder, when I woke up he was holding my hand. We were nearly home at that stage. I wasn't really sure what was going on between us but I didn't think it was anything too serious. I went home that night and didn't really think much more about it.

The strange thing was that my ex text me that same night and at this stage I still thought I had feeling for him. Although I felt slightly guilty about it, I met up with him the next day. To be honest, I did not think anything serious was going to become of Danny and I. When I met up with my ex, after spending the day with him, I realized that I was wrong and I did not have feelings for him anymore. I was quite upset about it for a while to be honest because I felt I had got my hopes up again for them to be knocked down.

A couple of days later, one of the girls in my class who was good friends with Danny, came up to me and asked me if Danny could have my mobile number. Initially I think I was just shocked that he was actually even thinking about me and I replied 'if he wants my mobile number he can come and ask me for it himself'. A couple of days later I got a text from him. He had managed to get my number somehow and to this day he can't quite remember who he got it off.

After a couple of days of texting him he mentioned that I seemed a bit down. I didn't want to lie to him because at this stage I did genuinely like him so I told him what happened with my ex and I. I was quite surprised to the way he reacted. I thought he might be a bit offended that I had kissed him one night and met up with my ex the next day but he was actually very supportive and told me that if I needed anyone to talk to he was there and that I deserved better than my ex ( I also explained to Danny the whole history of my ex and I )

So as the weeks went on we were still texting and getting along really well. We weren't exactly a couple at this stage but we had arranged to go to the cinema together that weekend. I wanted to take things slow and I didn't want to rush into anything as I wasn't very long out of my previous relationship.

After a couple of months we sort of made it official, we were in a relationship with each other. Everything was going great until one evening I got a text off him saying we needed to talk. I couldn't go out to meet him because my parents were away for the weekend and I was staying in my Nan's house and I didn't want to be rude and leave. I asked him to tell me what it was about but he said he didn't want to tell me over text in case I'd get upset. I begged him to tell me as I knew I would be worrying about it all night otherwise. Eventually he told me that his Mam and younger brother and sister were moving to england after the summer and she wanted him to go with them. I didn't really know what to say at the start and I actually even suggested ending the relationship as I didn't see a point in us getting any more attatched to each other if he was going to be moving out of the country in a couple of months. He assured me that he wasn't going to move no matter what happened. It was still early days in our relationship so I didn't really know what to expect but something was telling me just to give it a shot.

So the weeks and months past and it came into the summertime. We spent our days with each other, going for walks, going to the cinema, staying up late at night with him playing Guitar and me singing. I got to know him family, he got to know mine and we really just had an amazing summer. During the summer we didn't really talk much more about the whole England situation. At the end of the summer I was going on a family holiday to Turkey for 2 weeks and the night that I left to go I knew that when I came back Danny wouldn't be living just up the road from me anymore. The good thing was that he wasn't moving to England with his Mam but he was still moving. He went to live with his Father who lives about 3 hours from me.

I have to admit when I came home from Holidays it really hit me. I suppose up until then I didn't really think it would happen. The day after I came home from Turkey I took 2 buses to go and see him and stay in his Dads for a couple of days. We talked about it when I went to visit and decided that we were going to just give this a shot. We wouldn't be able to see each other every single weekend but maybe every 3rd weekend. It was very hard at the start because previously we had been with each other every day.

I have to admit for the first couple of months it was very hard and I actually began to question had I made the right decision to give it a go or was this just going to be too hard. But he we are, A year and a half later and we are still together.

Last summer he came to Turkey with me and my family, I went to England with him to visit him Mam, brother and sister. We are going to Lanazarote for 2 weeks this summer. I went to England again with him last christmas and right now it is Thursday the 13th February 2014 and tomorrow is Valentines today and he is coming down to my house for 9 days starting tomorrow.

So yeah, we have had EXTREMELY difficult times and yes we are still young and no one knows what the future holds. I am starting college in September and he still has one year of school left but we have agreed to just take each day as it comes. There has been times when we have come close to a break up and there was actually one time when we did break up but it didn't last long.

To anyone out there who is in a LDR and reading this, Don't give up, Yes, times can be tough but there are other times that really just make it all worthwhile. Like when you see each other in person after being away from each other for quite a while or when you make plans to do something together or when you are looking forward to seeing them for weeks beforehand. Those are the things that make it all worthwhile. Those are the things that make your love stronger.
Working...
X