I found love in a hopeless place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found love in a hopeless place

As a child I always imagined that everyone has one perfect match. The one person that is meant to be for them. I used to cry at times because I would think "what if my true love dies before I get to meet him". I was about 5 or 6 when this happened.

I went through a string of horrible relationships trying to find "the one". I tried to make every guy the one, making excuses for bad behavior, changing myself so they wouldn't leave me. This lead me to be in a horrible marriage, I rushed into it because it was what he wanted. This lead to a bad habit of doing what he wanted to keep the peace, regardless of how it made me feel. If I did voice my opinion it was not a discussion, he would just say no and that was the end of it. The more unhappy I became, the happier he was. I tried to keep it together for the sake of the kids, but almost 3 years ago I'd had enough. I gave up on the marriage, I gave up on myself. I was in a sever depression, and my husband didn't notice. He was happy. I gained weight and topped the scales at 215 lbs. I'm 5'1" so that is a lot of weight on a little person.

Last November I'd had enough, I started to take care of myself, dropped the weight, got my confidence back and told my husband we were done. Since it was so close to the holidays we decided to wait until after New years to tell the kids and he would find a place to live.

I was lonely, I had been lonely for a long time. I started chatting online on a site called experience project. It was a lot of naughty sex talk and guys that were a real joke, but I wasn't looking for anything substantial. I was getting a lot of attention and that's all I wanted.

That all changed on January 2nd when I got a message from someone new. He was home alone and bored, we chatted online for a bit and I could tell he was different from the others, but I didn't make much of it. The next day we started chatting on kik, and the conversation got really interesting. It wasn't naughty sex talk, it was real. I talked to him about the situation with my pending divorce and some minor issues I was having with my child. He listened and gave me real honest advice.

The day after we decided to have our first phone call, we talked from 9pm until the sun came up and it felt like minutes. The next day was the same we spent the entire night on the phone 3 days straight. By the end of the third phone call we both knew we had to meet. I told my husband and booked a flight the same day. I flew out to meet him 6 days after we met and it is the craziest thing I have ever done.
    On the way I kept thinking.. what if he's some crazy psychopath but in my heart I knew this was something special.

When I first saw him I didn't feel shy or scared, I felt like I was home and he has said the same.

We have been together since and we are trying to find a way to close the distance, but it will take some time. Either way we both know that this relationship is once in a lifetime. I used to discourage myself from cheating on my ex's but with my SO it's not even a thought, and I have no doubt that he is faithful to me.

I don't make excuses for him, when we do have disagreement, or he does something that bothers me we talk it out. He has seen me at my craziest and has no problem with it at all. He is my biggest support, my closest friend and my strength when I need it.

I finally found "the one" without a doubt. He was worth the wait.
Working...
X