How I fell in love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I fell in love...

So my story I guess begins back in January 2014 when I split up with my boyfriend. There was no real drama as to the break up, I was bored and he didn't keep me interested. I guess the main downfall was that I didn't really love him, I loved the person I'd made him out to be in the previous 3 years that I'd liked him. In fact I could name a few more reasons it was unlikely to work out (such as the fact we had only been speaking properly for two weeks when he asked me out). But this isn't about him really...

Fast forward a few months and I'd set up an fan account on Instagram where I ended up making a bunch of friends and we all had a common interest. One of my close friends then made a group conversation on Kik Messenger with me and some of her internet friends and I grew close to a group of people on there. Carol, Miguel, Cherri and Leonor. I remember being put off the idea of dating anyone ever again at this point due to some things my ex had said to me and also being an old friend of mine began flirting with me without telling me him and a close friend of mine had begun dating the day before (when I found out I was understandably pissed off)

We'd all be talking and getting to know each other in this group chat for a month or so when Leonor send a message saying that she was going to get an early night as she wasn't feeling too good which was unlike her. So I messaged her on private and she told me what was wrong (it was about her crush messing her around and telling her she needed time to think and then got a girlfriend). But as we messaged that night, I realised that I also had a small crush brewing.

Over the following weeks, me and Leo grew closer, being the only two none American's in the chat and we were both in GMT timezone. Soon we began making off-hand comments about how we'd be dating if we lived near each other and we shared stories about our previous LDR and why we feared starting a new one. But it was getting harder and harder as I fell for her more and more until I finally told her how I felt and much to my delight/despair she felt the same but there was still the problem of the LDR. I had already decided I wanted to try it but I had no idea what her opinion was. But we still made plans to Skype each other when she went to her dad's on the 15th of August, which was around two weeks away at that point. And in that two weeks, she subtly hinted that she'd like to try a LDR with me. So I resolved to ask her out over Skype so it was more personal. And after a really nervous and almost sleepless week before, the 15th arrived and next thing I knew we were talking face-to-face. And when I worked up the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend, she said yes and I've never been happier.

That was only 2 and a half weeks ago but it feels like I've known her for years. As I'm typing this, she's messaging me cute things while drawing a picture of red roses because they're my favourite flower. I can easily say I have never been happier than I am right now and she is the best thing that's happened to me

This was wonderful. Well done, I'm so proud. Try to keep the connections stronger and stronger whenever you can. Have you organised a meeting anytime soon?

Comment

Thats great to hear ❤️ have you met in person yet?

Comment

Great story

Comment

What a great story,thanks for sharing

Comment

This is so sweet! I'm so happy you shared, and I wish you two the best! LDRs can be stressful and tough at times, but just remember that they can always work if you put the effort in and that the distance shouldn't discourage you. <3

Comment

Working...
            X