From a Friend to the Love of My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a Friend to the Love of My Life

I met Will a few years ago on World of Warcraft. I instantly felt a deep connection to him, and I was surprised how easy it was to talk to him. Neither of us were in a place in our lives to be together at the time. We were both in other relationships so I tried to suppress my feelings for him. We stayed close friends for the next couple of years until everything in our lives aligned just right without even trying. The distance scared me, but I knew I had to give us a chance. We talked for a couple of months before finally making plans to see each other. He flew to Texas last October to visit me, and we had the most amazing 4 days of my life. Everything was perfect and felt so natural. I was happier than I had ever been. It was hard when he had to go home, but I knew if we could overcome the distance, we could survive anything life threw our way. Over the past year, we've flown back and forth every chance we get, and I was even fortunate enough to be able to spend 2 months with him this summer. We have a tentative goal of ending the distance in 9 months (he's moving to Texas!!). Sometimes I have concerns about him leaving his family, but I know no matter where life takes us, we'll be happy together.

Being with you always makes me happy. <3
    I'm carrying your love with me.
    West Virginia down to Tennessee.
    I'll be movin' with the good Lord's speed.
    Carrying your love with me.
    It's my strength for holdin' on,
    Every minute that I have to be gone.
    I'll have everything I ever need.
    Carrying your love with me.

~George Strait

Comment

I love the fact you too were friends first. So were Dan and I. He always was there for me. I was dating someone. BUT! I had already fallen for the man with the fuzzy online picture who really didn't know much about computers. He was my best friend. When he met someone and called me for advice...my heart sank and leaped at the same time. IT was then that I knew....No other woman was getting my best friend...my man.

Yay! So not long before the distance ends!!!

SO glad you are a part of this forum...
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Aw! I love the friend thing that's kind of how me and Ryan started out too! And yay for closing the distance soonish!

Comment

Kevin and I were also great friends before we started seeing eachother! And randomly enough, we also met on world of warcraft! loL

Comment

Originally posted by JoMarie View Post
            Kevin and I were also great friends before we started seeing eachother! And randomly enough, we also met on world of warcraft! loL
            Lol I just read and replied to your story. Too funny!

Comment

Working...
            X