Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The love of My Life!

Well...where to begin.
    I'm Ryan, I'm 19(from Ontario, Canada)..and my girlfriend Michelle will be in December(British columbia,Canada).
    Our story is quite interesting..but entertaining as well.
    I don't know if anyone has heard of this site..but its called Pogo.com and its a game site. you play and chat with people from around the world. so, one night i was on the site playing yahtzee..and i noticed this other player so i checked out her "profile" and it said she was from BC canada..so I immediately thought, hmm this could be fun lol. SO, this girl and i started talking.. i'll just call her A. We had a blast talking, we talked quite a bit online...we both have good sense of humors so we got along well. we kinda developed a "liking" for eachother, but NOTHING serious.. it was just simply enjoying chattin it up with someone fun!(nothing sexual!) But one day, i was talking with A on msn and her best friend, Michelle was there. So, michelle hopped online and started talking to me... we were joking about what my intentions were with A...(michelle is a jokester, but knew A liked me). We joked, talked and that was it. later on that night, i had commented on A's facebook status, and michelle then commented after me- before we knew it, between the both of us..there was 30 status comments!! A was ready to kill us, so i was like "hey michelle can i add you"..so of course she said yes :P In the meantime, i had asked A what michelle had thought of me, and A's response was - " she thinks your hot". So of course, any guy would have his head grow the size of a watermelon after hearing that! LOL. so i kinda felt like i had a bit of an advantage because she was already attracted to me :P I wasn't looking for ANY sort of relationship..just someone simply to talk to and flirt with Well, Michelle commented on quite a bit of my pictures and whatnot and we kinda made small talk between eachother each day on Fbook. Then one night, we were talking on facebook Chat..and i was like ohh hey my chats screwin up, can i add u to msn? i got the ol' "i dont really use msn much, but sure". So i was kinda bummed out since this seemed like the easiest way to communicate, but ah well what can ya do? Well...turned out, after that night(michelle tells me this) that she couldn't stop thinking about me, and always had to go on MSN to talk to me. I still remember, we had a snow storm and my buddy's car got stuck..so i had to go shovel him out... i told Mich that i would be home in 20 minutes...well, that turned into 2 hours. I was feelin sooo bad...and figured she had left and when i got home and checked my msn, she was STILL waiting for me!! that's when i knew this girl was somethin special! From that day forward, we talked constantly on MSN..and then a few days later, i had given her my number and we texted eachother ALLLLL the time! by New years eve, we had developed feelings for eachother( which is why we say this was our anniversary!). January 2nd was the first time i ever got to hear that beautiful voice! But, this wasn't all just happy fairytale great... my ex gf was involved. My ex and i had a relationship for a year and a half and ended due to a few stupid things. After we split, my ex and i continued a "no strings attached" kinda relationship...but i wanted her back badly- that was, until i met michelle! I had said i wasnt gonna be with anyone ever again after my ex...but when I met Michelle, i realised that i had no idea what love was until this girl. So, anyways- due to my ex being in the picture i told michelle i didn't wanna be in a "relationship" YET because i wanted to make sure my ex was completely outta the picture and not causing any problems. Well, this took us into march- March 24th to be exact- the night i asked michelle to officially be my girlfriend Although this would be the "real" anniversary, we always say January 1st,because if we had been physically around eachother..we definitely woulda been exclusive by then! After all the crap with my ex got dealt with... Michelle and I got on track, but had some issues come up with drugs. In BC, life is quite different ...weed is a normal thing, but to me-- it isn't. I had a lot of childhood issues with drugs and i couldn't stand the thought of having it in my life again. Michelle and i fought and fought but eventually she promised to never touch it again, because she knew how much it bothered me. She also promised to quit smoking. We met, and i left and it was an amazing visit.. but 2 weeks later was when all of this stuff started happening. I had gotten home May 26th, and July 4th, i found out she had lied and was secretly smoking weed and cig. behind my back and lieing to me. I was FURIOUS and devastated!! we almost broke up, but we decided that this was an addiction, and we needed to work on this together and i had to be there for her. Well, needless to say..she has been amazing. i went out there for my 2nd visit in August and we just fell more in love. Although, the trust isnt COMPLETELY back yet, it is slowly coming to where it should be..i believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Michelle has now been completely clean for almost 5 months! I am so proud of her and such a lucky guy to have someone like that. I am headed out there boxing day (her birthday!!) and staying until February 16th!!! -long time eh!! Over 50 days together crazy crazy! We stay at her moms place...but her mom don't mind, she loves me! I'm soo excited, i get to spend her birthday, New years and our 1 year anniversary AND valentines day with her..its going to be incredible!!!!
    I'm looking forward to being on this site and connecting with others, i think its a great idea!

Thanks for sharing your story =)
    Nice to see a fellow Canadian on here, I live in BC just like Michelle does.
    BC is different, like you said, but I'm not into that kinda thing and try to ignore it as much as possible =P
    It must be sooo nice to spend time with her for that long! I'm sure you're looking forward to it. I know I'd want boxing day to be tomorrow, haha.

Comment

oh really? i wonder how close u guys are to eachother.. i LOVE BC, i think its beautiful there!! (at least compared to Ontario). but i do have to get used to the drug thing, im glad your not involved in that, its not a good road to take hope we can talk more! i added you

Comment

Aw that was an adorable story
        thank you for sharing :]

Comment

nice story, thanks for sharing, the best couple i know met online YOUNG and are married with the 2nd baby on the way good luck

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJr View Post
            oh really? i wonder how close u guys are to eachother.. i LOVE BC, i think its beautiful there!! (at least compared to Ontario). but i do have to get used to the drug thing, im glad your not involved in that, its not a good road to take hope we can talk more! i added you
            And I accepted as I'm sure you've seen already.
            BC it's very green and mountainy, isn't it? I've never been to Ontario before, but I've flown over it x) The only other province I've been to is Alberta.
            I'm an about an hour drive out of Vancouver...maybe she's out of Vancouver too like me, or she lives in Vancouver. OR she could live in a totally different part of the province =o

Comment

Welcome on here!
              I have to say I love Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story Over 50 days together, huh? That's awesome, I'm jealous

Comment

welcome to the forums, this is a great place to be!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

wow!! thanks everyone for all your replies
                      @ True- most people i know are always like "oh your so young, bla bla bla"... but i don't know. i've been in relationships in the past and this one is just So different..and the love i have for michelle is just incredible. i could never love anyone like this again. i know i'm meant to be with her..and even if we are young, we always say that it's so nice having met so early in life we can start a future together early and enjoy everything in life together!

@Princessmia- yes, very mountainy and green lol..but i love the mountains! it's absolutely amazing to be able to walk outside and see them and actually, funny that you say that.. but she lives about 45 min-1h away from Vancouver also.. we always just hop on the skytrain to head out there, maybe you guys are close! that'd be awesome!!

@Noodle- ontario is great, i love it! always somewhere nice to have a visit

@Elina- i know!! Over 50 days is incredible.. it just so happens that some issues came up with my schooling, so im doing a few courses online, which allowed me to actually be ABLE to go out there for that long..and her mom is great with it (obviously if we help pay for food).. but we always take advantage of it. My first visit to her was only supposed to be 13 days, then on day 11- i said to her, babe..i gotta stay. And i called the flight company and extended my stay for another 17 days!! my 2nd time out there i was there for 26 days.. and now 50 something.. lets hope it just keeps climbing!

@ everyone else, thanks for all your welcomes, everyone is so sweet and welcoming on here, i love it! it's great to have somewhere to go to talk when people actually UNDERSTAND how you feel. its great, if anyone ever needs to talk, feel free to give me a shout!

Comment

G'day Ryan!
                        I too have found the love of my life at 19.
                        What you said here has really given me some food for thought

Originally posted by RyanJr View Post
                        i know i'm meant to be with her..and even if we are young, we always say that it's so nice having met so early in life we can start a future together early and enjoy everything in life together!
                        The fact that we've both met someone special so early in life is fantastic, more time with the one you love in the many joyous years to come!

Congratulations and good luck sir

Comment

thank you for sharing your story!
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I wish I could go to Canada.
                            I have friends named Ryan and Michelle who are dating.:P Love them.
                            And young love wins. I'm 19 and have been with my boyfriend for over 3 and a half years.

Comment

Ah, kinda like my story I had some problems with weed and cigarettes too. Still am. My man and I fight about it as well.
                              Good thing you went easy on her Quitting isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X