Puerto Italian Love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Italian Love!

Every time I tell the story of how we met and how we ended up together, people look at me in shock, some don't believe me but oh, well! Anyways, here's the short version on how we ended up being "Puerto Italians"!

After 2 long years at college, I decided to change majors and campuses, so I ended up being closer to my SO of that moment, we were in a LDR, 3 hours away by car. After starting on my new campus, I decided to take a break, having a friend's intake on it, I applied to the Disney College Program. (btw, amazing experience!) I got accepted and my SO turned to be an idiot about it. Before leaving, I asked him for a break, things were rough between us so, I believed it was the best option. I took my flight on a Wednesday of August and heard nothing about him since the Sunday before that and nothing for the 2 following months. After a while, I gave up on it and decided to move on. I did go out with a guy like twice but nothing major.

Now, the good part! (sorry, I had to get that out so the whole thing is clear)
    I was working at EPCOT, World Showcase to be precise. One afternoon, I was with one of my friends having our break when I start feeling like someone was staring at me. After a while, I look around to see that on the table right behind where my friend was sitting, there was a guy looking at me. He smiled and I smiled back and returned to my conversation. Even then, I could still feel him staring. By his costume, I knew he was Italian, making him in my book, even more interesting. (I have been pretty much obsessed with Italy all my life, without any reason!) He was leaving the break room but before exiting, he glanced back, smiled at me and left. I was left speechless!

The next day, I ended up my shift and was about to leave the kitchen when I noticed that in the hallway, he was there with a co-worker, screaming something but I couldn't understand. I got closer and finally understood that they were looking for forks. I got them what they wanted, and they were so grateful. I made my way to the break room and since it was winter, I used to remain completely dressed under my slightly hideous costume. I was taking it off when I hear him saying: "Jo... Jo.." then I realized that he was trying to read my name tag but my hair was covering half of it. I look up and tell him, "It's Joha". He smiles and reply that it was a beautiful name and proceeded to ask me where I was from. I tell him that I was from Puerto Rico and he makes a remark on how Joha sounded Middle Eastern. After a while, he kept chatting with me while having his dinner while I was sitting there, waiting for my friend to get out of work. He asked me if I had facebook and then told me to look for him. He got up at the same time as I did to hand me his business card. Standing really close, he told me to make sure I look for him. Even then, I could feel my heart racing! When he was done, he walked over to me and explained that he was saying goodbye the Italian way, so he kissed me on both cheeks, walked to the door and with a smile, he left.

After a few days, I sent him a friend request on facebook. It took like 2 minutes before I had a few likes on some pics and a post on my wall from him. We started chatting and after a few minutes, I already had his cell number. We decided to go out for coffee on the next Thursday, day we both had off. Chilling, having coffee and talking about each other, he suddenly asks me if he could kiss me! Before I could even answer, he was kissing me!! *daydreams* (oh gosh! The memories!!) Going back to my apartment, he invited me over for dinner at his apartment and obviously I accepted.

Continuing...

It was later on that day that I figured out that he was 30 (at the moment) while I was 21, a nice 9 years difference. At first, I was freaked out, in my mind I was trying to figure out what an older guy would want to do with me, a younger girl. Still, I went to his apartment and had dinner with him, his roommate and his roommate's date. We had pasta and wine and afterwards, his roommate and his date went to their room, leaving us alone in the living room. It was just a few seconds before we ended up making out and proceeding to get intimate. (yes, on the first date...! Not something I do) It was quite clear our attraction but we both confessed we weren't looking for a serious relationship.

We ended up going out a few times and my time to go back to Puerto Rico was getting closer (my program ended on January 7th, 2011) so, as a farewell event, he decided we should spend the night together. So on December 30th, we met up and took a trolley downtown, I had no idea where we were going. He look at the map and told me the stop but nothing else. We got off and walked for a bit until he stopped me saying: "well, this is it. Hope you like it". I look up to realize that we were right in front of a Hilton hotel, where he had made reservations for the night. Not only that, but he got me a present. In one of our dates, I held hostage one of his jackets (an excuse to see him again! :P ) so, he got me something to trade. He pulls out a t-shirt with a heart and Italy on it, which he gave it to me while saying: "a little something so you can always remember your Italian lover" (smooth, huh?). Waking up next to him...that was it. I had an indescribable feeling when I woke up and I saw him, my heart was racing and all I could think of was how much I wanted that feeling every morning of my life.

After that, things got complicated. He was kinda seeing this other girl, nothing serious at the moment, but he had promised her, as a New Year's resolution, to be only with her. He was honest and open about it so he told me that maybe it was better if we didn't see each other as much. That didn't work out too well. We shared the same break room so it obviously meant we were going to see each other...and often. We were like magnets, we would automatically look up whenever the other would enter the same room, we would still chat and flirt...a lot.

The day before I left from Orlando, we met up. He went to my apartment to say goodbye and to give me the pictures we have taken together at the hotel. As soon as I open the door, he hugged me tightly...Then it was time for him to leave. He had a dinner with some co-workers at TGI Fridays... and so did I. We both went separately but he texted me saying he wanted to say goodbye once again. We met outside and pulling me into a hug, he whispered in my ear, "ti amo" (obvious but "I love you" in Italian). I was trying so hard not to cry at that moment. I stepped back and a tear was rolling down my cheek. I wiped it while looking at him in the eyes as a sign "I won't cry for you". We went back inside and before parting separate ways, he stopped me. He grabbed me by the arm and turned me to face him. Looking at his eyes, I couldn't hold it anymore. I shrugged his hand off and walk back to meet my friends. A few minutes later, I receive a text saying: "Baby, I'm sad! Don't leave!" and I couldn't take it anymore. I was crying in front of my friends.

The next day at the airport, I received yet another text from him. He was sad that I was leaving so I texted him back, thanking him for everything. As the plane took off, I felt like I was leaving a part of my heart behind, no matter how long we knew each other or how complicated was everything.

I was back in Puerto Rico and we still chatted often. We even started getting on skype. He would keep saying that he loved me but he was still with the other girl. It was hard dealing with it all. It was on February 13th that I couldn't hold back anymore. He was constantly saying that he wanted to come see me, that he loved me but wouldn't understand why I would get mad about the situation that it was constantly leading us to arguments. That night we got into one of our regular arguments and he got offline, all sad. I texted him to explain to him why I was acting that way. It was on the morning of February 14th that I told him that I was in Love with him. (yes, Valentine's day! Wasn't on purpose, though!). A few days later, he asked me to be his girlfriend over skype, obviously after telling the other girl that he was in Love with someone else.

Although he asked me on February, we use December 30th as our anniversary date. That night meant a lot to both of us! <3

Comment

That is SUCH a cute story!!! I'm so happy for both of you, and I hope things go as well for you as they sound they are. Me amo Italianos!!! :P
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Cute story! Italians are quite lovely, although i prefer my american to the people of my homeland :P when are you going to see each other again?

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
          Cute story! Italians are quite lovely, although i prefer my american to the people of my homeland :P when are you going to see each other again?
          Thank you!! We have exchanged preferences, it seems! I definitely prefer my Italian over Puerto Ricans...or even Americans in general!
          After coming back to Puerto Rico, we have seen each other 5 times in the past year. He came over on March, June and September (on the last one, staying for 3 weeks), while he was at Orlando, he paid my trip on July for 5 days as a birthday present and I just came back a few days ago from 3 weeks in Italy!
          Right now, we don't have an exact date on when to see each other again. All we know is that it will be during summer but not even who is going to fly to the other. That's kinda stressing me out!

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
          That is SUCH a cute story!!! I'm so happy for both of you, and I hope things go as well for you as they sound they are. Me amo Italianos!!! :P
          Thank you so much!! Things are going great (except for the distance but that's why I'm here, no?). At the moment, we are happily engaged, even if we don't have a date for a wedding, just as a promise that we will be together, one way or another.

Comment

Cute story! Are you sure you shouldn't be Itali-ricos? jaja!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              Cute story! Are you sure you shouldn't be Itali-ricos? jaja!
              Thank you! Hahaha now that's another clever way to put it!!

Comment

Cute

Comment

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post
                  Cute
                  Thank you!!

Comment

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice story!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiara View Post
                      niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice story!
                      Thank you so much!! I look back at it and seriously, wouldn't change anything! Well, maybe the whole distance thing...!

Comment

eheheehhe But now I read you might close the distance if he does his master in Austria! I'm crossin' fingers for u!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiara View Post
                          eheheehhe But now I read you might close the distance if he does his master in Austria! I'm crossin' fingers for u!
                          Hehehe I think you got me confused with someone else!! Although, we are thinking about closing the distance sometime next year, after I graduate. I'll probably be moving to Europe afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X