How my best friend became the love of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How my best friend became the love of my life

We met over 3 years ago, when he was brought with my friends then boyfriend. I was attracted to him, he was so smart and interesting. I just had to know more about him and talk to him. I soon got my chance. All through high school I worked at McDonalds and one day he came to visit me. He joked about applying there, and eventually, he did. We were soon working together and the flirting began. This was 3 years ago. See, he had a girlfriend at the time, so we really never talked very much. She was a very jealous person. We did hang out together once, of course with his best friend. I knew that I wanted to hang out with him more. I liked him a lot. But he had someone, so I moved on and met my ex. Needless to say, he did not treat me well at all. I was sobbing on Christmas Eve last year and I texted him. I wanted someone to talk to and he always listened to me. He started comforting me and saying how his relationship was too falling apart. We began to get closer. I began texting him daily and that became the highlight of my day. Every time I knew that he was talking to me I would smile. I was on cloud nine. On Valentine's Day I mentioned that I had never been with anyone on Valentine's Day, so I had never gotten anything. Guys really never stuck around with me. I was used and dumped a lot. Steve simply would not have this. He drove up to work and left me flowers on my car. It was beautiful. Slowly but surely I began to fall for him, and not even realize it. In fact, I denied it. He asked me out on a coffee date, and instantly I knew that I liked him a lot, I just was not sure how much. He dropped me off to my car and we made plans to hang out again later next week. Fast forward a month later I was talking to my friend Krystal about him. She stopped me in my story and asked if I loved him. Of course I denied it, I couldn't be in love with him. There was no way he would ever love me back, someone like him, and I was going off to college. Granted only 3 hours away, but still. I soon began to realize that the more that I fought it, the quicker it came. I was so in love with him. I asked him to go to Six Flags with me. The entire day I was trying to not blurt out how much I loved him. Seemed like he was doing the same. Later that night we both confessed that we loved each other and became a couple on June 20, 2011. Since then the distance is hard. I hate the college that I am attending now, and am constantly sad, though I try not to show it. But I am so into him. I love him with everything that I am. He has impacted me so greatly. He always makes me smile. He is the absolute love of my life. He says that someday we will be together forever. I want that more than anything in the world. He just gets me. He knows me better than I know myself. Although we attend different colleges I am thinking about transferring somewhere closer to him. I know I shouldn't be complaining. The most I don't get to see him is a month. But still, it is hard. He is my absolute best friend, he is my everything. I would do anything for him and he me. Sorry to ramble, just I love our love story. It was a little crazy and wild and whirlwind. It took us both by surprise. But he is worth it. Our love can conquer anything.

This sounds very similar to my story with my SO! We were best friends before we fell in love, and it also took us by surprise

sigpic

Comment

cnrxo your story is almost identical to mine! My SO and I became super good friends in the last year of high school, he asked me out twice but I never said anything even though I liked him a lot. (Call me passive, I guess :P) We started going out in Feb, 4 months before I graduated high school.

And like you, I hated my college as well... :[ I never did let my friends from college know how I was feeling though. I made the mistake of doing quite badly in my first year there, I was capable of a lot more, I worked hard to bring my grades up in the next few years but it averaged out to be average.

But I remember my SO telling me once that his dad told him, if we pull through these horrible few years, we'll stick like glue afterwards. So hang in there!

Comment

You should totally blog this (: That's adorable! Me and my SO go to separate colleges too, only we are 5 hours away.
        Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

your story just similar like mine. my bestfriend now turn into my lover tho. when we first met he was my senior in our highschool and he have girl friend and i have a relationship with his bestfriend, we know each other around five years maybe, but i dont like him at the first time, so we're just become a bestfriend for this last 4 year. he's living in netherland anyway, and when the last time he came to Indonesia (place where i lived) we start realized there's something more than just a friend between us, then we turn into a lover. so we start our relatinship from august last year until now. and i just realized that LDR not so easy as i thought before, sometimes it just felt so hard, but at least im trying to make this relationship work as long as i can

Comment

If you are naive enough to believe her "fairy tale" story, you are not going to "live happily ever after".
            Do you want to live your life "snooping" into her affairs and never being able to trust her? Love is built on trust and mutual respect-both traits are missing from our relationship.

Comment

Working...
            X