Complicated but worth the wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complicated but worth the wait

My best friend (because he understands me like no one else) and i met on an app on Facebook called 'Social Me.' I wasn't looking, as i had a 'relationship' going at the time, but it was dying at that point. Toby wasn't looking either. Anyway, you tag people on the app, and i would go on there when i was bored, only to find a heap of boring tags, 'Hot', 'Pretty', 'Cute' etc...day after day. Until one day, i got HIS tag. 'So beautiful baby badgers adorn her hair with wild herbs.' I laughed so hard, and was so intrigued by his irreverent humor and ability to make me smile. We messaged each other on the app for a little while, then added one another on Facebook. I noticed he had a TON of female friends, and i was confused about the bf i had at the time, so we were purely friends at first. We would talk when my bf was AWOL (Which was ALL the time) and have these really long, crazy threads and laugh, God he made me laugh so much, more than anyone i ever met. The kicker was, he's in England, and i'm in Colorado. I think we were both growing feelings, but were really hesitant to take it much further than what it was at that point. I told him my dreams and sorrows and he told me his. He was so honest, about all his problems (he suffers from anxiety, depression and panic attacks) that it touched me. I knew he was scared to get attached to someone and not be able to overcome his difficulties to the point where we could actually be together. I broke up with my boyfriend, i had already fallen out of love with him before i met Toby, and it was the only choice i could make, whether Toby and i ended up together or not. We started video chatting every day, for hours, watched films and tv shows together, laughed about our many cultural differences ( i now sound as English as he is half the time. lol) and passed the time..one day it was just apparent to us both. We loved one another. We wanted to be together. We were an item before we let people know, and finally confirmed it on Facebook a few months later. Sadly, we've had a few people tell us it will never work out, that we can't possibly be in love when we've never 'met.' Well, what is 'meeting' anyway? Touching someone? Being able to sit with them physically? That's just geography. We do all the same things 'normal' couples do. We wake up together, we say goodnight, we share our bad days, and our good ones. I have four kids, and zero family support, so going to see him (i had my trip booked once and my sitter fell through) is hard, and his issues make it hard for him to deal with leaving home, even for a visit. I've had people tell me, you can't wait forever, Carrie. What is forever? Of course, i know at some point we have to move past the 'online' only part of our relationship, and it may sound odd to those on the outside looking in, but i KNOW we will. I don't even question it. It makes me wistful to see other LDR couples that have already seen each other two or three times, when its been almost two years for us and i haven't even gotten to kiss him, or hold his hand yet...But it will happen. It's something i like to call faith, and trust, and the conviction that he was made to be part of my life, and i was made to be part of his. <3 (Sorry if this is disjointed, i ramble, i know. lol)

So happy that you found someone who understand you and that you want to be with. I know what it feels like to not have support for all the same reasons. My Mother couldnot see how we were more than friends and my best friend said that she believes that it is very difficult to get feelings for someone that you have never met. I never let it get me down. Just keep doing what you feel is right!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X