X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eHarmony Military Man

We are both 20 years old.

It was August and I had just created an eHarmony account. I really didn't want to pay but my previous relationship I met online and we had been in an LDR for almost 2 years. I had went to free dating sites and talked to people on forums of my interest but I was getting lonely. So, as I said, I started my eHarmony account.

Within a week of starting my account I had gotten a lot of e-mails from very cute and very intelligent young men. I had engaged in some very interesting conversations but none of them really stuck. They were good friend conversations but nothing with real substance.

It was September 2nd and I had gotten a match with a very handsome young man. I clicked on his profile and it was a picture of him with a thumbs up, legs criss cross, gorgeous smile, and the most handsome face I'd ever seen. My eyes lit up and I just looked at him and some sort of switch went on. I continued to read his profile, he was in the navy, he was a Christian, his family meant the world to him, he loves hiking and mountain biking but he enjoys being a star wars geek. My initial thought was "He won't think I'm attractive. He is too good looking, he is perfect." But I said, what the heck and started the first step of getting to know him.

We went through the processes that eHarmony suggests you go through in the beginning and when we finally got to the first e-mail, it was my turn to write the first one. Within the first 3 messages of us talking on eHarmony I told my best friend, "You look at this man. I am going to marry him some day." As you can see from this point everything went really great. We ended up having so much in common, every time I would talk to him I would send him very long messages and I just had this urge to get to know him and learn everything about him.

We continued to talk and as he explained how he was very shy, I asked if he would like to skype. From that moment on we were connected and our bond grew stronger and stronger. We became best friends so quickly. My birthday came around in October and he sent me flowers. It was towards the end of October we realized we had to meet each other. So, the week before thanksgiving he drove 16 hours to come see me for 2 1/2 days. He went home on that Sunday and was back to spend Thanksgiving with my family and I. He met my friends and my family and everyone seemed to adore him. On Friday, November 25th, he asked my father if it would be okay to date his daughter. My father said yes and by that evening we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

In December I went to visit his home for the first time and ask we talked we began to talk about the future. We both agree'd that we were head over heels for each other and we didn't want to be with anyone else. For Christmas he had bought me a promise ring, we promised no matter the distance, we would be here for each other, best friends. We had talked about marriage and decided that 2 years is too long. He wanted to make something official this year. We both did.

We couldnt stand not being with each other. People say he is the male version of me and I the female version of him. We know what each other wants to say without saying it. We read our bibles every day. We pray together. We watch movies and have skype lightsaber battles. His mother adores me and my father adores him. He will be here tomorrow, it has been over a month that I've seen him and I've got a great feeling that when he leaves I will have a ring on my finger that will be more than a promise ring. We will see. He is very sneaky.

I love him. My best friend. My boyfriend. My light. He means so much to me and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Cute story!

My SO is also a geek from the Navy (and Army).

And I just saw your location, my SO is an Oklahoman!

Finding myself.

Comment

Sweet story! It's amazing how sometimes, no matter the length of time, you just 'know' you've met the one. I wish the best for you and your honey.
      *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Such a cute story!!

Comment

Indeed, such a cute story . Wish the best for you and your SO!

Comment

Super cute story! I wondered if he popped the question!! Hahah.

Comment

Working...
            X