Love at first sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love at first sight!

Probably, like everyone else, I love my own story, so I guess I should share it as well!

When I was 17 I did a Equine study in Leeuwarden The Netherlands where I live! I was dating my first boyfriend named Jan Willem. For my study I went on a internship (2 months) in southern California on the Black Horse Valley Ranch. The owner of this ranch was Anita Mellot (my SO’s aunt). A Dutch woman that moved to America when she was 25 or something. She was breeding Friesians in California.

One night.. There was this typical (I thought) Californian guy (18 year) walking in to the house. The manager said: “David, you really need to cut your hair, it’s way to long!, Manoek what do you think?” Me being 17 and shy as F*CK, I said:”uhhh uhhh it looks fine by me!” Oh my god, as soon as this boy walked in, my heart stopped! He was so handsome! His long hair, and his nonchalant way of standing there was so sexy! Even though he was really shy at that point.
    Anyway.. My head turned red and I walked back to my room.. There was my boyfriends picture stuck to the mirror, I said to myself: “I have a boyfriend, I have a boyfriend”
    After that night.. I never saw him again those 2 months.. He just stayed the night..

A couple of day’s later his sister took me to the theater and she said to me: “So David thought you where hot!”Even though I was shy I told her: “I thought he was really cute as well” But he was already back to Utah.. So there was nothing we could do.
    Over the years I went back to the Ranch two more times. No David… I was moving on though…

4 Years later I had a new boyfriend (Remco, at this point together for a year) and Anita died.. I went back to the ranch to help out. As soon as I arrived, the manager introduced me to David. He said: “This is David, you met him before…” And I was like: “uhhhhh uhhhhh nice to see you again”
    Oh my.. my heart stopped again.. Anyway.. Anita was Davids second mom.. She mend more to him than his own mom at that point. So he had a really hard time.. And I saw right through his “I’m such a though guy act”. So we got really close.. Talked every night till 3.. and it was obvious that we where in love with each other.. But crap.. I was only there for 2 and a half weeks.. And I had a boyfriend waiting for me at home..

It was really hard.. And there where moments that I thought: F*CK IT! But David never wanted to make me a cheater.. It was so intense.. we where so intimate.. I consider it as cheating.. I think being intimate is worse than just sex. Cuddling, touching each others hair, laying against each other.. etc. Anyway.. After to amazing 2,5 weeks, due to circumstances… I had to go back to Holland. David told me “I love you” in Dutch (his mom is Dutch) and we cried and cried and cried. I cried the whole way back to Holland (9 hours). Once I got back I broke it off with Remco, and David and I (I was 21 at this point) where going to work things out long distance.
    But I was insecure.. I didn’t know if David his feelings where real, I guess I didn’t trust him enough.. After six weeks of calling every day, I told David that I couldn’t do it.. Remco was (and still is) in my group of friends and I couldn’t let my feelings for him go. So I got back together with him. David and I both picked up our lives.. He got girlfriend and I was with Remco. We where still friends and talked, but not that much. After a year and a half I broke it off with Remco (he cheated) and I had a good single year and a half!! Man I had fun

Summer 2011 I was thinking that I wanted to go back to school.. for 4 years..!! But then it hit me.. I thought about David EVERY DAY the last 3 years! EVERY DAY! I always thought.. what if.. And if I would go back to school for 4 years I had to wait for another 4 years.. and that was just not a option. I was actually trying to close it at this point ant wasn’t talking to him a lot anymore.. But I just couldn’t let it go.. So I google’t his sister and found her on Facebook. After that I found him as well and we became friends. He was so happy that I found him.. And we talked some more.. and then I said it.. “David.. what would you think if I would come and visit you for a couple of weeks?”
    Well.. I never saw him as excited as this Oh my! He posted all on Facebook.. That his favorite girl in the whole world was going to see him. I booked my ticket in the summer for November.. and In my head I said: ”I’m just going there for closure..”Well of course.. My friends new that it would turn out different. They Always said from the start: “Manoek, you love boys, but no guy ever made you smile as David has”

So after a long trip (28 hours total) I arrived at SLC. It was like I never left.. He was running at me from a couple of feet. Got his arms around me and pulled me up and turned met around.. It was really cute and romantic. Anyway.. I don’t want to go in to any details.. But we had SO MUCH FUN for 2 weeks. Still so much in love!! Now we are together.. And I’m waiting for him to come to Holland to see my world. But he is dealing with some court stuff.. Of course I have to fall for a badboy hahahaha no.. he is not that bad.. just a little rebel… Hahahaha no but anyway..
    I love him so much! I never felt this for a guy..

Last edited by Manoek; February 17, 2012, 03:44 PM.
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

I'm so glad the two of you finally got together after all those years. I guess when something's meant to be you simply can't let go... A very sweet story, thanks for sharing! And you know, you actually look like a model

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
      I'm so glad the two of you finally got together after all those years. I guess when something's meant to be you simply can't let go... A very sweet story, thanks for sharing! And you know, you actually look like a model
      Awh thank you thank you thank you.. After 2008.. We always said that 'everything happends for a reason' and that life is testing us.. But he / us is worth the wait

Awh thanks again!
      \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
      \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Great story. You're both very attractive and make a very attractive couple

Comment

Originally posted by yayagrl View Post
          Great story. You're both very attractive and make a very attractive couple
          Thank you

Comment

What an absolutely ADORABLE story..and you both are flipping gorgeous. You have such a beautiful smile. And I'm so happy it worked out after all that time! Just goes to show soulmates always find their way back to each other.
            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
              What an absolutely ADORABLE story..and you both are flipping gorgeous. You have such a beautiful smile. And I'm so happy it worked out after all that time! Just goes to show soulmates always find their way back to each other.
              Aaaaaaaawh thank you so much! You are to kind!!

Comment

Reading your story is so sweet. You are beautiful together.
                I wish you and David all the love in the world. Sometimes you just can't
                help it - when you fall in love.. you fall in love. There's so much happiness in your eyes!!
                <3

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse View Post
                  Reading your story is so sweet. You are beautiful together.
                  I wish you and David all the love in the world. Sometimes you just can't
                  help it - when you fall in love.. you fall in love. There's so much happiness in your eyes!!
                  <3
                  Thank you! Exactly! And I fell hard!

Tht picture was made on our last night 3 years ago, I was soooooo happy!!

Comment

Hahaha! Oh man... The first time I saw my SO (Robin) I couldn't get over just how much I loved his long hair. Loooved that part of your story. ^.^ I'll have to write up mine sometime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn Hope View Post
                      Hahaha! Oh man... The first time I saw my SO (Robin) I couldn't get over just how much I loved his long hair. Loooved that part of your story. ^.^ I'll have to write up mine sometime soon!
                      thanks! I'll read it!

Comment

Working...
                      X