X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teen Love

December 28th 2010
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I met my future boyfriend at a caravan park in Narooma. We were 13. We spent 2 weeks together to the point that he became a really close friend. We had a connection that I had never felt towards anyone else. Ever. It was like I had finally found a missing puzzle piece that I hadn't even known was missing. I was over the moon. I was happier than I had been in many years.

February 1st 2011
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

I got my first love letter disguised in an environmentally friendly birthday card. We continued to talk on Facebook and an iPod app, Textie. We became really close and I could no longer picture my life without him in it. He made me happy each and every day no matter how far apart we were.

March 18th 2011
    ~~~~~~~~~~

He came to Sydney from Canberra (252 km) and we met up at Luna Park. We spent 5.5 hours together. This was to be the last time we saw each other for nearly 9 months.
    I fell in love with him on this day.

June 2011
    ~~~~~~

We confessed to each other what we felt and we got closer each and every day. Not a day would go by, except when our families made us go on holidays, that we would talk. We skyped, we spoke on the phone we did everything. But eventually, that wasn't enough. The immense build up of pain inside of me tore apart the strength I had managed to build from many years of hurt. My heart ached. My mind couldn't stop imagining me in his arms again...it was unbearable. It hurt. It felt like hell had planted itself inside of me and the only way to release it was to be with him.
    But our parents wouldn't allow it. It felt like they had a secret plot to purposely keep us apart until my heart gave way and collapsed. I hated it. I hated them for doing this to me even though it wasn't their fault. I had no idea what to do with the emptiness i felt but to try and fill it up by reading and crying. Nothing seemed to help...

October 1st 2011
    ~~~~~~~~~

My parents decided to go to Canberra. Partly to see the parliament house, and all the sights, but mostly because I had grown so miserable, and I like to believe that they noticed how much pain I was in.
    We spent 2 of the best days of my life together. I couldn't stop my heart from beating a thousand miles per hour. Every time i felt his arms around me I felt like i was home and every time I felt his breath on my skin I couldn't stop imagining myself with him forever. But once again...heaven only decided to show itself for a little while. We were torn apart. Sent our separate ways.

February 14th 2012
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent 3 hours on FaceTime watching a romantic movie and talking about how much we missed each other. Each word burnt my throat because I knew that it was just a speaker I was speaking to. Not to him. But I had to deal with it because that was all I had...

February 25th 2012
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The distance is starting to sting again. The time we had spent together before was long enough to last a few months but now it's starting to wear off. I love him with every inch of my being. And it's not the stereotypical love. Not the "love" of sexual attraction. It's different. I feel like I'm in a fairy tale; i'm just waiting for my happy ending...

I'm 15 years old and I am in love. Just as much in love as any adult could ever be.

Bethanie xoxo

Aww.
    This story was so beautiful.
    I hope that the love that you two have for one another remains strong and true through the years and gives you comfort even in your distance.
    Good luck.
    (:

Comment

Awwwh! This story is so sweet I'm fifteen too, so I totally get where you're coming from.
      GoodLuck!

Comment

If this love that you're feeling is really as strong as you say it is, and he feels the same way, then I truly believe you can make this happen. I have been with my man since I was 14, I'm now 19 and we are still as happy and as in love as we have ever been. It gets better as the years fly by! You're lucky, most people do not meet the love of their life so young. It's wonderful, isn't it?!

I know that the distance hurts. I have felt that same physical aching in my heart that you are feeling now. It's not fun, but as you get older you will get more privileges and more freedom. You'll both start driving and that will make visits a little more frequent. You'll both get jobs and make your own money to spend on being able to see each other. It will get better, I promise! I know that it's hard to be strong at times like this, but you have no choice. You either tough it out now so that it's better in the long run or you give up and cause both of you to be unhappy. Don't give up! Speaking from experience, these things do work out, you just have to stick with it!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X