Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a while, but it was definitely worth it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a while, but it was definitely worth it!

I was in year 7 (about 11 years old) I started secondary school and my best friend was in a different class to me and having problems with this guy (little didn't I know that he would turn out to be my SO). So I hated him a bit because he was being mean to my best friend (she has learning difficulties so it happens quite a lot). After all of that died down a bit I didn't really care about him or have anything to do with him, apart from the fact we were in the same Maths and English class but we never sat anywhere near each other and talked as little as possible - that was partly because I used to be extremely shy when I was younger.

Then in year 8 we were in the same Maths, English and Science class. In Maths we sat on the same table for like one term, and then the teacher changed the seating plan, but we never really talked anyways, only when we had to work as a table. But in Science we sat on the same table the whole year and talked quite a bit - not just when we had to! And I had a crush on him, but because I was always super shy I never told him, or anyone else for that matter! We had quite a few laughs together in year 8 Science. In English we still never talked because he used to sit at the back with all of his friends (2 of who were my best friends in junior school), and I used to sit near the front on my own - I refused to sit with a group of boys.

Then in year 9 (I still had a crush on him) we were in the same Maths, English, Science, Expressive Arts, Technology, Art and History class, so we spoke a lot more! In Science we sat on the same table again and talked a lot, in English we sat on the same table for a bit and then towards the end of the year he sat on the table behind me and used to kick the back of my chair so we talked quite a lot then too. In Maths we didn't talk at all because we sat at opposite ends of the room. In Expressive Arts we were put in the same group and had to work together the whole term, which was the most fun that I'd had the whole time I was at secondary school! In Art it was the same as in Expressive Arts - we worked on the same stuff for both lessons. In Technology I was practically the only girl so I had to talk to someone, so I spoke to him a bit. And he didn't even know that I was in his History lesson because we never spoke then!

In the middle of year 9, my other best friend was over from Romania so she got permission from the headteacher to go to school with me for 2 days, which was really cool. And she was there one day when we had double science, so she was sat on the same table as me, my SO and a few of our friends, and she was teaching them all rude words in Arabic and Romanian. So later my best friend added my SO on Facebook. At this point she didn't know that I liked him.

At the end of year 9 I moved to Sweden from England because my mum was in a LDR with a guy who lives here, so we were moved here so that she could close the distance with him. When it was my last day at secondary school I gave up on the fact that my SO would ever realized that I liked him.

When I'd been living here, in Sweden, for about 6 months, I was talking to my best friend (the one who lives in Romania) on Skype and she said that she was talking to my SO and was killing herself laughing because he was calling her weird names. So I decided to send him a Facebook message saying that my friend found the names funny and then we started talking, and spoke for the whole evening! Then we started talking every time that he came online - which wasn't very often at the beginning but became more often the more we talked. We ended up talking everyday from about 7pm till 3am some days! I even sent him a 12 page long letter because I had nothing else to do! (He still has it now!) Then after about 4 months of us talking every single day (2 days after my birthday to be precise!) he wouldn't stop asking me to tell him who I liked, and because I was still a bit shy then I wouldn't tell him. But then I gathered the courage to tell him, I thought "Okay, there's two outcomes of this, I could tell him and he then tells me that he doesn't like me and I will have completely embarrassed myself but it doesn't matter because I never have to see him again. Or I could tell him and then he tells me that he likes me back and I get to finally be with the guy who I've had a crush on for the past 3 years!" And he replied telling me that he liked me back. He now says that that night he found out who his heart was really beating for! Which makes me smile every time he says it!

After we'd been together for 3 months he came over to visit me, we were both extremely nervous - we didn't admit this to each other until the other day but he told me sister that he was nervous the night before he came over I was more nervous about the fact that he wouldn't actually come over and that he was just joking with me when he said that he was coming over and everything, but he wasn't. I was so nervous that when we were 2 hours (halfway) into the journey to pick him up from the airport, I asked my Mum if we could turn round! I am so glad that she said no! It was quite awkward in the beginning of the week because in the 3 months we'd been together we'd talked a lot, but never on the phone, or on Skype or anything like that, only on Facebook! But by the end of the week I knew that I really was in love with him and didn't want him to go home!

As soon as he'd landed back in England we started texting and decided that I was going to go and visit him just after Christmas, but that didn't work out because my passport had expired in February that year. So in the end he ended up coming here again, and I paid for half of his flight because it should have been my turn to go there. We got to spend New Years together which was the best Just before he went we decided that in February I would go and visit him, so I got my Dad to sort my passport out so that it would be ready in time. So 2 weeks after I'd said good bye to my SO I booked my flights to go and see him in my homeland

Going to see him was a big thing for me for many reasons, the main one being that I had never flown alone before or to & from the airports that I was flying to. But luckily I love flying so I wasn't that fussed I was more excited! It was also a big thing for me to do because I would be seeing my Dad and the rest of my family, all of who I hadn't seen in 14 months. And my family would be meeting my SO for the first time! Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about, the journey was fine, only problem was that I got stopped at security because I had bright yellow nail varnish on (I should have thought about it before considering when I came here I got stopped because I was wearing bright orange nail varnish)! All of my family loved him, which is amazing, even my Dad liked my SO which is a big thing because it's quite hard to impress my Dad I had an amazing time with him and his family, it couldn't have gone better! We haven't booked flights yet, but I am either going to be going over to stay with him for a week or two over Easter, or I'll be going with his family to his home country (him, his mum and younger sister moved to England 7 years ago because his mum was in a LDR with a guy who lived in England ). I don't mind which it is, I just want to be able to spend as much time with him as possible! And then in the summer his family are planning on going to the mountains, and I've been invited too Which means that I'll get to spend time with him then too
    No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart
Working...
X