Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're going to fall in love with me within 3 weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're going to fall in love with me within 3 weeks.

NOTE: THIS WILL BE REALLY LONG! SORRY :P. I have been on here a long time and never posted a story, and was in the mood to write something so here goes.

November 2009. There was a young man, his name was Christian. He had been trolling the interwebz and happened to be on a website named Stickam (for those who don't know, very similar to blogTV). He had done a live show search, when he found a show featuring a girl named Kelly. He thought she was lovely, so he decided to join her chat and say hello. He cracked jokes and asked her silly questions, which she thought were hilarious and entertaining. He was so keen on her that he announced that he would make her "fall in love with me within 3 weeks." One of her room moderators seethed with jealousy and decided to kick Christian out of the chat, without Kelly's consent. She quickly found his profile and sent him a message apologising profusely for the moderators actions, and told him that she would love to chat with him again sometime if he wanted. He gave her his email address, and they took their conversations over to MSN.

They talked almost daily over the Christmas/New Year season, becoming Facebook friends and quickly learning many things about each other. One thing that he had learned about her, was that she had her heart set on someone else, and that she was not interested in him but simply wanted his friendship at that time.

After a few months, this person Kelly was besotted by, ended up being toxic for her, causing her much heartbreak and sorrow. She shut everyone out, including Christian, saying that she never wanted to let herself love anyone ever again. In reality, all she wanted was someone who she could talk to about her problems and who would listen and comfort her - but she had no one. Feeling very alone, she medicated her pain by drinking heavily on weekends while she slaved away during the week at her mind-numbing full time job. During this period, Christian had found a girl who was willing to give him her time. He hung out with her often, and every time he tried to talk to Kelly about his new-found love interest, she'd get angry and give him the cold shoulder. She didn't want to hear about his happiness. She didn't want anything except to numb the pain. Christian quickly realised that Kelly wasn't interested, so he left her alone.

July 2010. She was still suffering, but had decided that her behaviour had been childish and self-destructive, so she put on a brave face each day and learned to deal with her demons in better ways. She started to talk to him again. She wasn't so bitter anymore, and allowed him to speak about to her about his girlfriend. He would sometimes complain about their sex life, and how his girlfriend acted. She listened, and although not being very experienced herself, offered him advice where she saw fit.

They started to skype often for hours at night time, sometimes even while his girlfriend was asleep in the same room. Their conversations began to become flirtacious in nature, and then more intimate around a month later. She asked Christian, "what about your girlfriend?". He said, "don't call her that, she isn't my girlfriend, she's my emotional companion,". "OK, whatever that means," said Kelly. She secretly felt bad for the girl and told herself that she could never date someone like that.

Two months later, he stopped seeing the girl and began to focus his attention onto Kelly. Around this same time, the numbness she had forced upon herself lifted, and she felt the pain of being alone again. She didn't trust Christian, and she wanted to finally find someone who she could have a real relationship with, so she tried an online dating website (she didn't have many male friends). She met some people and told him about it, but he didn't want to hear it. He was jealous. He had developed feelings for her.

December 2010. They still talked every day. Kelly had decided that she didn't want anyone else. She wanted Christian. So they mutually decided that they would become exclusive and see how things went. Kelly wanted to meet him ASAP - so that they could decide whether or not long-distance was worth the hassle. They had decided that the one to do the travelling would be him, and he would live with her for the duration of his stay. The only problem was that he didn't have a passport because he had never been out of the USA before. So that was the first thing that needed to be done. However, it took a very long time to get it sorted.

There was a lot of distrust and hurt feelings in the next few months due to some insecurities and the slow pace at which their relationship was going. The girl Christian had earlier dated was trying to keep herself relevant - she would post all over his Facebook page often. He spoke to her over chat often, too. He told her about Kelly and she became upset/jealous - as did a few other people, when they finally found out that they were together.

June 2011. A few months later, his passport was finally done. They booked his tickets early July and he stayed with Kelly in Australia for as long as his visa would allow - 3 months.

Today. He works his butt off in a full-time job, while she studies to better her qualifications. They hope to close the distance in April/May 2012.

(edit: it took him a lot longer than three weeks, more like a year, but we got there in the end!)

If you got this far, thank you for reading! Now you know our story
    Last edited by Zapookie; March 6, 2012, 08:08 AM.

Lovelyyy I'm so happy for you guys that you got together in the end; I think you make a rather unique couple - that can only be a good thing! Thank you for sharing your story and here's wishing you both all the very best for the future

Comment

Awww I can't believe he said that. That's adorable. Such a lovely story!

Comment

Aww... that's so cute! Love the story! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Aaaaw that's adorable!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

hahhaha its true its true :-| i wish i could have recorded the moment for our lilboos to see lol

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance! And this was such a wonderful story to read Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Your story made me smile. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Such a wonderful ending to the story. I'm so happy for the two of you and look forward to getting to know you both better while you wait out the time of closing the distance!
                    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                    Dating: December 2019
                    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                    - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Working...
                    X