My boyfriend, my high school sweetheart, my best friend <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boyfriend, my high school sweetheart, my best friend <3

In high school, I dated one guy who was completely wrong for me for a few months and went on a few dates that led to nowhere. I was a junior in high school, age 17, thinking I’d never find a boy ever. After those failed experiences, I discussed potential boys with my friend Nicole because, well, that’s what friends do. She began telling me about a guy she knew. He seemed perfect. He lived near her hometown, about 30 minutes from my town. She said she would set us up and I was extremely excited.

For some reason, she never did. So I took matters into my own hands. She had a status on Facebook. It wasn’t a particularly thrilling status… just about how she wanted plans for the next day. I saw that he had commented on it. So I commented on it. He commented back…. We probably left her about 80 notifications before realizing that we should probably switch to Facebook Chat. We talked all night. We then texted each other for the next 3 weeks. I was going through some medical issues so unfortunately our first date kept getting pushed back. I felt really bad and was worried that he would think I was wasting his time. Thankfully we finally got to go out.

Our first date was March 13th, 2010. Of course, as is my luck, on the night of our first date, there was a horrible rain storm. I had my driver’s license and he didn’t so I had to drive in the storm to pick him up through windy back roads. Pretty scary! I picked him up and then got lost going to the movies…. A place I’d been to many times. Pretty embarrassing. We saw Shutter Island which was a great movie. Unfortunately we did not have time to go to dinner afterward. It was still a great date though! We just hugged at the end but I wish we had kissed. I left with butterflies and went to another friend’s house and recapped the entire night.

We kept talking after the date. On March 17th, 2010 we were talking on Facebook Chat. This was basically our conversation…
    Me: So… I like you.
    Chris (him): I like you too.
    Me: People who like each other normally date.
    Chris: They do.
    Me: We should do that.
    Chris: Okay.
    Oh we’re so romantic haha.

Our second date was to church together, which really helped my family to love him. It was a gorgeous, sunny day. After church, we went out to the field behind his house to meet his horses. After getting to pet the horses and such, he turned to me and we kissed for the first time. It was extremely romantic.

Above is a photo from the second time we hung out as a couple. We look so young! He was 16 (same grade as me though) and I was 17.

We fell in love. We had so many amazing times together. We went to New York City around Christmas time and did the touristy thing which was fun. We spent Christmas morning at his house which was adorable. I finally had a Valentine and began to think of Valentine’s Day as more than just Singles Awareness Day. For our one year, he cooked me a romantic candlelight dinner. It was amazing.

Our best night together was our high school Prom. We got to dress up (which I loved more than he did probably), take photos (again, I probably loved more), and go to an amazing dinner dance. I’d always dreamed of going to the Prom with a real boyfriend, one that I really loved. I got my wish :] It was definitely the best, most romantic night I’ve ever had and I know he feels the same.

I had always planned to go to Florida for college. That caused a lot of issues for us since New Jersey is so far from Florida. The plan was for him to move with me.

Unfortunately, I got scared about our relationship. We had so much pressure on us from our families and I just got overwhelmed. I made the worst mistake I have ever made: I broke up with him on July 22nd, 2011 after 16 months together. I still regret that horrible night. I wish I could redo it but unfortunately I can’t. During the time we were broken up, we still hung out, told each other we loved each other, and everything. We both asked for each other back a few times but the timing was never right. That month and a half was a horrible time for me and him. I wish I could change it. I moved in August to go to college in Florida.

Finally, on September 17th, 2011, he agreed to be my boyfriend again. We had a few issues to overcome, some that we still deal with. But we’re both incredibly happy to be back together. Our breakup showed us that we can’t be without each other; we need each other; we have real love, not just teenage puppy love. It’s been 6 months and we’re more in love than ever. Technically we celebrate our new anniversary date but in the back of our minds we know it’s been longer, basically 2 years, which is why my counter says “He’s held my heart for….”. I get to visit him during my college breaks since my parents still live in my hometown. I live for those visits.

We’re incredibly in love. He’s my high school sweetheart. Hopefully after undergrad, I will move back up to Jersey and go to college close to him. I can’t wait for the day we’re close distance again :]

My boyfriend Chris and I <3

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

aw! your story is adorable & you two are super cute together.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thank you so much! Also thanks for reading the whole thing; it was pretty long!

Comment

Even though I know the story, this was adorable!! Hahaha, I loved the fb chat conversation. xD Soo romantic, girl!

Comment

Hahah yeah Caitlyn we're crazy romantic on Facebook :P Hahahah Thanks for reading!

Comment

Your story was a pleasure to read and you make such a sweet couple! I hope everything continues to go well for the both of you

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
              Your story was a pleasure to read and you make such a sweet couple! I hope everything continues to go well for the both of you
              Thank you so much! :]

Comment

So cute!!!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Thanks! :]

Comment

Aww what a lovely story you have! :3 It just goes to show that even though sometimes we make mistakes, it doesn´t mean it is necessarily the end of a good thing ^.^
                    Also, I loooved the first conversation you had, agreeing to date. So romantic! xD

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                    \

Comment

Originally posted by DemonxOisin View Post
                      Aww what a lovely story you have! :3 It just goes to show that even though sometimes we make mistakes, it doesn´t mean it is necessarily the end of a good thing ^.^
                      Also, I loooved the first conversation you had, agreeing to date. So romantic! xD
                      Exactly! That's why I wanted to write it, to show people that even couples that make mistakes can be happy :]
                      Hahah thanks! :P

Comment

Very cute story! I'm so happy you had the prom that you wished for!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
                          Very cute story! I'm so happy you had the prom that you wished for!!
                          Thank you! It was an amazing night :]

Comment

Working...
                          X