Love At Last Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love At Last Sight

I wanted a unique thread name, and this title is also the title of a book - about how our opinions, impressions and feelings towards others aren't based on the first time we saw them, but the last time - the most recent thing you did together. It's very true, *especially* in my LDR, so I thought it fit. Anyway...

Once upon a time, my Air Force daddy was stationed in South Dakota, where he worked with a guy who was a lot like him and had a family a lot like his. These two families ended up going to the same church, and their fourth children were born ten days apart. Thus, the parents of these families bonded and their children spent the next few years growing up together. When my daddy was moved to New York and the other daddy was moved to Florida, summer vacations and Christmas visits ensued. The two oldest children actually wrote letters and stayed in touch between visits, too. When the oldest child of my family, me, was about ten years old, I realized that this best friend of mine was actually a boy. A cute one. Fast forward through my mistake of telling the boy's brother (who of course told everybody), my later move to a Japanese island, his move to England, lots more letters, the discovery of email and Facebook, my move to Georgia, his visiting me for the first time in four years, and a very strange and awkward conversation between boy, girl, and parents about dating (had in a babysitting client-slash-friend's living room). We are now LD bf/gf and hope to see each other again by Valentine's Day 2013.

The End, for now.

That's soo cute... ; )
    sigpic
    Not to get clever
    but with you I see forever
    But whatever it is,
    Here's to you,
    I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
    X