Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love like no other..

Hi I'm Sarah and this is my story

So one day, I decided to get an app on my iPod. That day was the day that I met the love of my life, it was an instant head over heals kinda thing. February 16, 2011 was the day that I met Will. I am so in love with this kid you have no idea.There's just 1 problem, my mother.

My mother thinks that because I met Will online that he isn't going to be what he says he is. I can barely talk to him...I can only sneak calls now and then and text and Facebook. We don't even Skype because my mom is so against it. Although I'm 18 it doesn't really matter at my house. "If you live under my roof you live under my rules" I'm sure we've all heard this before.So i listen to my mom but also continue talking to Will.

Our relationship isn't even really a relationship yet. Why? because I'm too afraid to do anything because I don't want to make my mother upset. He has been there for me through every little thing. He is perfect in my eyes and I'm trying to plan to meet him this summer.I never thought it was possible to fall in love with someone over the internet, yet it happened and it's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. We text all the time, when I do get to call him we talk for hours and I try to stay positive about everything, but he is my rock. He keeps me strong throughout this whole thing. He tells me that he knows we are going to spend the rest of our lives together, I can't wait until forever<3.

I understand. We've struggled with our parents, too. We were CD before LD, so we didn't meet online. I'm sure my mother wouldn't be happy if I met him online either.
    If you're dedicated, you can make it. I hate lying to my parents, but...
    Just remember you can do anything as long as you both want to, okay? Stubborn determination can overcome any obstacle and those obstacles will bring you closer together.
    Have a date to meet irl? That might make your mom more comfortable if she met him... would be kind of awkward explaining that you've kept a relationship she forbade secret for over a year, tho... Good luck!

Comment

Would you mom consider skyping with him, to see his isn't a 40 year old creepy man?

Comment

It might brash, but have him write your mom.
        If he mature enough to handle something like that?

Comment

I think one of the biggest things that earned my bf a lot of respect was what my bf did when we met was be the one to visit me, he had his own hotel booked and when I picked him up from the airport the first thing I did was take him to meet my family. That earned him a lot of respect in my parents eyes. I agree that skyping with him if your mum is willing to is a very good idea, until you can actually interact and see they are a person it is very easy to judge the situation.

you need to stand up for what you want and ultimately as long as we aren't doing anything damaging to ourselves or others our parents should be happy for us, if she can't be happy for you then you need to get on with your life and not wait around for her approval..
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

We did have a date set, he was going to come on my birthday. My mom was like all okay with it and everything then she changed her mind saying "I don't want a stranger coming to stay here." He's very mature and always says he wants to write her or something along those lines. Both my parents are totally against it, but I can't help who I fall in love with. I also suggested Skype to my mom and she won't...I don't know. He says he is going to plan a trip to meet them and me, I have no idea when he is going to but he plans on it. He would get himself a room at a hotel and everything, we've talked about it all before.

I'm trying to figure something out on my own. I'm trying my best to make it work. Thank you guys for the support and ideas. I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
            X