Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Story

Our Story…

I’ve been reading through all these “How Our Relationship Started” stories and I have to say, they are ADORABLE!!

So here’s mine

When I met Luc, I was 18 and he was 22. We were both in Canberra, Australia at the time so I had just entered my drinking/partying stage of my life. I was out with my drinking buddies one night and one of the girls I hung out with brought this guy to meet us. My Luc. Boy was I in lust! I have never been what you’d call one of the “cool people” I’m not unpopular but just not part of that circle. Luc was one of those guys, lots of friends, lots of girls interested in him, popular but so lovely to everyone he met. The girl who introduced us snapped him up and fast. I was devastated but consoled myself with the thought of “he wouldn’t be interested in someone like me anyway”.

Fast forward a few months of our group hanging out and it is Skyfire Night (for those who are not from Canberra, this is a fireworks event put on by the local radio station). My group was more interested in drinking but I love fireworks so I was standing on the nature strip, watching them when Luc comes over. We start chatting while watching the fireworks and we get onto the topic of this girl (my friend at the time and the girl who he was dating) he told me he really didn’t want a relationship with her, that he felt pressured into it and that he was really into someone else. I was nosy so I asked who, he replied with “just a girl who makes me see fireworks”. Now I’m not good at subtle hints so it took me a while but I finally got his point! I froze. This girl (let’s call her K) was not only one of my friends at the time but also a scary person who I did not want to mess with. I was so torn but (I am proud to say) I did the honorable thing and told him that I couldn’t do that to K. My heart broke. Luc and K continued to date and I continued to admire him from afar, replaying that night and wishing it could be different. Eventually the newness of partying died off for me and K and I lost touch, so did Luc and I.

Fast forward 4 years and I am living in the USA, got out of a 2 year relationship in December and I’m planning to make the move back to Australia. I’m playing around on Facebook and I see Luc’s name in the “recommended friends” area so I think “what the hell”. I added him and the connection was instant. I learned that him and K had broken up months ago. We just talked, for hours over FB and he is the same man I fell in love with way back when only more secure in himself and what he wants. We got to talking about that night and I confessed that I had loved him for years and from then on, it’s us, Luc and Anna, forever. I have never been happier, he is coming to visit me here in less than 2 months and we are having a months road trip around the states (I asked him to do this before I knew that he had planned a trip to Thailand around the same time, he had bought tickets and everything and without a second thought (and without telling me) gave the tickets to a friend of his and bought tickets here!!)

I love him so much and I know he feels the same and it feels so right after all this waiting and all this being without him. I can’t wait for the rest of our lives

Awwwwww nice story im glad u guys end up together after all, best of luck n wishes for both

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That fireworks moment sounds pretty romantic! Glad things turned out so well, after all that time.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
      X