Love is worth waiting for(:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love is worth waiting for(:

Around late August or so of 2010, my babe (Trey) and I met on ShoutLife.com, a Christian-based social site (like a Christian MySpace/Facebook). We were in the chatroom talkin to some friends when I noticed his name (the only normal, readable username in the chatroom), so I clicked on him (called "docking"). He saw that I had him docked, so he said hi and I said hi back. Haha I remember the first thing I thought when I saw him was, "Holy crap, he is so cute!" Although, I had only audio 'cause my webcam wouldn't work, so it was around 2wks before he (and the rest of the chatroom) finally saw what I look like. Anyway, he was a lot like me...didn't talk much. But we still somehow clicked.

I remember around October that year, I was talking about my major in the chatroom (I was a college freshman at the time, he was a junior in high school), which is psychology. Some people were getting psychology & psychiatry mixed up, so Trey asked me the difference. After I explained it, he said that was the first time he had ever really heard me talk out loud...that was really the first time we had ever talked out loud to each other, rather than just typing in the chatroom. That November, we became friends on Facebook and started chatting on there, and that's when we started really opening up to each other.

Soon after, he helped me through a break-up (which is a whole other story). Yeah, I liked him while I was with the other guy...like I said, that's a whole other story. Anyway, he helped me through that and by that point, we were best friends. I did like him, I mean I had liked him from the first moment I saw him, but I wasn't even thinking about dating him 'cause of my recent break-up from another guy on ShoutLife. A few months later, during Spring Break last year, a guy really hurt me, so bad that I didn't even wanna live anymore... The night it happened, Trey and I texted each other for hours; he was comforting me and getting through it. That night was when I realized how I felt about him...and if I remember correctly, it was the first time he had ever called me "sweetheart." After that, we just fell deeply in love. Within a few months, we were a couple (an unofficial couple, but that's still when we consider our relationship to have started).

In December, he flew down here to meet me and my parents, and he stayed with us for a week. He took me on my first date, gave me my first kiss, and gave me my first make-out I had to wait almost 20yrs for my first kiss, but it was so worth it...beyond worth it. It was one of the best weeks of my life...the other best week was the week I spent up there with him and his family in May(: Anyway, that's our story so far. We're planning on getting married in a year or two, maybe even next Spring(: We'll see what happens, but we're moving in together in less than a year, and I'm so excited. He's the love of my life. And if I had to do my life over and wait almost 20yrs for him again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Love is worth waiting for.

it's so beautiful how that worked out for you guys and i agree 100% that love is worth waiting for!

Comment

Such a wonderful story. Sometimes it's during my worst times we realize who is best for us

Comment

Working...
      X