Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish and latin love story.

Hello !

My name is Laura, I am 20 years old and Im from Colombia, South America. My boyfriend is turkish, he is 24 (soon will be 25) and his name is Serkan.

I truly believe we met by some sort of pure fate. We both were in United States for intership, work and travel program during summer in northen Michigan. One night after a long day at work I arrived home so tired but my beloved russian friends who lived with me wanted to have some fun and they convinced me to go to the night club to shake the body. Needless to say I was not even interested on that I was just looking forward to sleep but anyway, next day I would have the whole morning to sleep, so I gave it a chance.

By arriving to the club I saw was so full of people foreign students like me that also decided to go that thursday night. I met quite a lot of people, Kazakhs, chinese, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Slovaks, well, many many more. So the party just started and we were dancing, then I felt somebody call me and it was my dear friend Dmitriy. He was not alone a bunch of guys were with him. He just told me "Hey, I wanna introduce you my turkish friend, Serkan." And as soon as I made eye contact I felt my face blushed. I first thought he was so handsome and he was staring back at me. The other guys left and we stayed alone. It was so funny, I sat down and he was standing looking at me, I told him to sit down and he did. We were very nervous to talk so I started with a simple "how are you" he couldnt listen to me for the music so he told me : "I'm going outside, come with me."

And with this it all started, firsts days were a bit difficult for his english but he learn really fast and we spent the most lovely summer time. We leave USA the same day, from the same airport after some time vacationing and on winter I went Turkey to visit him and his family. Everything is just amazing, and Im hoping soon I can come back there. Also he is planning coming to Colombia after he finish his military training

We've been together almost a year and had been the best year of my life
    Last edited by NehirAlkan; July 17, 2012, 09:22 PM.

Yay, someone else in South America! My boyfriend is from Peru. I'm glad you gave him a chance and look where you are today! Welcome to LFAD.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Thanks for sharing! That's a sweet story

I have Turkish origins so I always had a thing for Turkey and Turkish people!
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

That is really a lovely story!!
        Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

That's really a loving story and I like it. It touched straight to my heart.

Comment

Working...
          X