My short story!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My short story!!

Hi!! My story began in 2010 when one day I decided to write to an inmate in an american prison. Not something I ever thought of doing and sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered. We became very close within a matter of months and we were really falling for each other. I know that sounds strange considering your only conversing through letters, but you do get to know someone pretty well through pen a paper.

Anyway, the months passed and I travelled from the U.K to visit him and also his family. I actually did this on two occassions, cost me a small fortune Lol! But it was a wonderful experience....

The time finally came when my love was being released, so I once again travelled to America to welcome him home. I got to spend nearly three months with him. In that time he proposed to me and we actually got married. I am now back in England and we are both really struggling.

Since I've been back we've talked every evening on Skype, sometimes for five hours, at weekends it can be up to ten hours a day!! Now with the time difference it is really having a bad affect on me. My body clock is out of sink, I am not functioning like I normally would and it's taking it's toll on me and our relationship.

There is a lot more I could tell you about me and my husband but I don't want to waffle on...

Anyway, I'm glad I've found this forum.....xx

P.S Is there anyone else on this forum that's in a relationship/married to an inmate or indeed ex inmate?

Started Writing - February 2010
    First Visit - September 2010
    Second Visit - June 2011
    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
    NOA1 - July 2012
    NOA2 - December 2012
    Fourth Visit - December 2012
    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

welcome to the forum, that's quite some story!! I'm in the Uk too so hallo! *waves*

Comment

Originally posted by porcelanne View Post
        welcome to the forum, that's quite some story!! I'm in the Uk too so hallo! *waves*
        Hi Porcelanne, thank you for the welcome Yep it is a unique story.....I don't think many LDR have come from someone meeting another in prison Lol........;

Second Visit - June 2011
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012

Comment

I've heard of it, but not cross-continent as far as I remember! Great you found your man

Comment

There we're in mexico (me) and in england (cambridge actually him) We didnt met in prison... but we ARE engaged and living appart for the time being... It is hard but worth it... isnt it? Ill pray for you guys.... I wish you all the happiness...

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story. I used to have a prison pen pal many many years ago. It never went anywhere past casual correspondence, but thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone in that respect at least. I wish you two all the best. Any plans for closing the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by stephanieaz View Post
                  Thanks for sharing your story. I used to have a prison pen pal many many years ago. It never went anywhere past casual correspondence, but thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone in that respect at least. I wish you two all the best. Any plans for closing the distance?
                  Thanks you DiMoose & Jdwate

I'm glad there is someone else on here who knows what it's like writing to an inmate. With regards to closing the distance Stephanieaz, my visa application has been in for coming up to four months now, so as soon as I get approved I'll be making the move..

Second Visit - June 2011
                  NOA1 - July 2012
                  NOA2 - December 2012

Comment

Working...