Tests of patience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tests of patience...

This is my first post (yay!), and I figured a good place to start in this community would be to explain what makes me a member of it.

When I met my boyfriend (we'll call him J), I was working on my student-teaching semester, and I was nervous about how the people I would be interacting with every day would be children (my students), and not peers (including intellectual classmates who would be cute to date!) I didn't want to put the pursuit of love on hold because of my career path, so I joined a dating site, I followed all of the advice the site offered with thoroughness, and before I knew it, I had a date with J before the semester even began! We hit it off quickly, and we have compatible levels of romance and practicality to keep us together!

However, semesters only last so long, and soon I had graduated from undergrad (we attended the same school; he's still a grad student), and I hadn't found a job in the city of my alma mater, so I had to move back in with mom & dad. J's got 2 or 3 years left of his PhD program, and we haven't even been together a year yet. However, I know that I love him, and I want to be in the same city as he, where many of our mutual friends live, too.

I just have to wait.

Sounds lovely
    I'm sure you'll figure it out. is there any option of a job opening in his city sometime in the future?

Comment

I do stay on the look-out for jobs, but in the education industry, you generally have to wait from one school year to the next. I do take on temporary/substitution positions for money, but I can't move away for that sort of employment. Thank you so much for your support!

Comment

Working...
      X