X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College student & a Medical assistant.

Hi everyone.

This is my first time here. =)

Anyway,I'm 22 years old and I'm living here in the Philippines and my girlfriend is currently living in Las Vegas and we've been together for 2 years now. We started this long distance relationship of ours since April of 2011. When she left, she stayed at Chicago, Illinois., to study Medical Assistant for 9 months. When she was still living in Chicago, we spend most of the time talking, texting, making her sleep or vice versa "through skype or oovoo or magicjack". So, after she graduated from Medical Assistant, she moved to Las Vegas where she stayed with her Uncle's house who owns a Rehab Center & Clinic where she works. Our time difference as of now is 4 hours supposed to be it was 3 hours but due to the change of season, it went up.

Anyway,i just want to ask for your advice or help on what to do. Here is the story. Before she left the Philipines, we promised each other that no matter what, we can't change and we have to update each other in/on anything (People here in the Philippines are into texting and so me and my girlfriend happened to be one of them and are fun in texting, like the whole day). So when she was still in Chicago, we kept on doing this "texting" to make us feel happy, not alone, to divert our minds that we're far apart, and to maintain everything we have "to feel like we're together". But when she moved to Las Vegas, she started working for 8 hours a day "8:00 am to 5:00 pm" monday to friday and sometimes in saturday. I'm not used to it that she can't text me or update me in everything she does, like smoking, eating or what but she can upload pictures on instagram or like pictures on instagram and it makes me feel like she's taking me for granted or ignoring me. We had this argument months ago for i was too possessive and i've changed things that made her think like that. Any help or advice on what to do? I can't talk to her and say this to her because i'm afraid she'll get mad or pissed off. Haaaaay. Everytime i see updates on her facebook or instagram and didn't text me, it makes me sad because all i wanted was just a simple update. We had this argument once and got through with it and now, this kind of feeling is back and it sucks to be like this cause all i wanted is to get used to it and adapt with the change. I forgot what i did the past month to get through with this.

The second part is that, i don't know why? But i get jealous everytime she's out, like going out with friends or making plans with friends to have a night out in L.A. I know its unfair that i'm like this but when she was still in Chicago, i was not even like this. I keep on telling her to go out and have some fun and enjoy the night but when she moved to Las Vegas, some things changed instantly. Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I just want to change for the better & a understanding boyfriend to her for she's alone because her family is still here in the Philippines and i know i'm supposed to be the person that makes her happy, not the person to make her sad or mad.

We're planning to be together by 2014 or 2015. She said she'll do anything to get me "file a fiance visa". By the way, she'll be coming back maybe this 2014 after her papers will be okay and she's 22 years old too. We're the same. We're both willing to wait because we believe in ever after and we both know that everything will be worth it in the end. =)

-Karlo
    Last edited by Kara23; November 18, 2012, 12:34 PM.

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
    X