She changed my life completely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She changed my life completely!

I have been a member of a website/forum for fans of the TV show "Who's the Boss?" for about 8 years now and through that site I have made new friends and new experiences. Also a member of this site was "Sitcomgirl" and I would say about 4 years ago she added me to Yahoo Messenger and we started chatting. Mostly about our favourite shows and music. Getting to know each and becoming friends really fast. We immediately clicked and really got along. We enjoyed each other's "company" and never ran out of things to talk. We would chat evenings, right up until really late at night. Almost everyday. One day, at work, I got the urge to find a webmessenger so I could get on and perhaps see if she was online. So we started talking during the day too. At then end of my work day, I couldn’t wait to get home so I could keep chatting with her. She just excited me and I didn't know why because at the time, I thought I was straight. But I just couldn’t get enough of her.

During one of our many conversations about SVU (another show we both love), I started noticing that she liked the female characters/couples and I decided to just go ahead and ask her if she liked men or women. We were good enough friends that I could ask her without worrying to offend. She told me she like women. Our friendship started progressing even more from there. She felt more open and comfortable with me after that and so did I oddly enough. She would flirt with me and I found myself flirting back. It felt kind of natural but I still couldn’t quite understand why. I had always had an "attraction" to female personalities or stars but never really thought anything of it. Now I had an attraction to a real life person. The stuff going through my head was crazy. Could I really have feelings for a girl? What are these feelings? Am I gay? I had spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking about this. Until one day I finally decided to talk to her about it. I told her that I thought I was attracted to women. I didn't say it was to her, because I hadn't quite processed that yet. But she helped me talk about it and was a great listener. After that our "relationship" progressed even more. The flirting increased and got even more comfortable. And without getting in to details, got a little intense at times. It all just felt normal and right. We got closer but I was still trying to process it all.

Jan 2010. I had a trip to LA planned with some friends. And before I left she sent me a cute video message telling me to have a nice trip, that she will miss me and then she said: "I love you". I instantly started crying. I had never felt such love from anyone. Or heard it. Now as I spent my 4 days in LA she was ALL I could think about. I missed her like crazy and I was now trying to figure out what exactly we were. She and I chatted a lot while on my trip. And I believe it was at that time, after months of flirting, she asked me what we were. And I couldn't quite give her the answer. But she never pushed me to answer her right away. I pondered so many things. My sexuality, our relationship, the distance because she lived in Atlanta at the time and what we could possibly be. And then on Feb 19, 2010. I said: "I love you too Allie". I'm pretty sure she could not believe her eyes. But I finally admitted it to myself and to her. I was in love with this person. This gorgeous and amazing human being. She had completely won my heart and mind.

Now, nearly 3 years later, my life has completely changed. I could not be happier or more in love. I am so thankful for what she has brought to my life. And as much has things are hard sometimes and we still don't know when we will close the distance, I do know that she is worth it. I can't see my life without her. She is who I am meant to spent my life with.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

What a beautiful story!

Isn't it funny how we try to define ourselves (and other people) as gay or straight when all we are really looking for is that right person for us no matter what? I'm glad you found her! Your story made me smile!!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

wow....

shows that when love knocks on your door...... it doesn't matter if you open the door or not......

it's there and won't go away...love knows nothing about gender....

wonderful story...... hope you girls will be together for a long long time...

bless you!
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Thanks ladies!
        I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and I this is a fine example!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Very cute story! Best wishes for the both of you!

Comment

Working...
          X