"It's hoes before bros, man."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's hoes before bros, man."

If I could say that my story has a happy ending, I'd be lying. But, it's the best place I could possibly be right now, and I'm fine with it.

It all started about last year, when I was into playing a certain MMORPG. I'm more of a gamer girl, as you can tell. I was hanging around a big social area over there, talking to people and chilling with friends, when these two certain people decide to show up(let's call them Zach and Ace). These guys were cocky, I have to admit it. They flirted with every girl in our area, including me. Ace in particular, flirted with me and said the words "it's hoes before bros, man" to Zach. To be honest, I never knew it'd mean so much. A few minutes later, Ace got bored of me and went to flirt with yet another girl, I never thought anything of it. I added both of them though, and that's when the real trouble began.

Zach wasn't really the one for playing games, I guess. I rarely saw him on, it was Ace that I saw day after day. We'd talk for a bit, ask how each others day went whenever I was online. Once in a while we'd discuss a few things, but we were mainly busy actually playing the game while we were both online.

A few months passed by and he went back to the social spot we met at, and invited me to come along. We'd talk about nonsense, we learned what each others names were, what each other did in their free time, and all that fun stuff. It turns out, he was an average, tall Dutch guy who loved Soccer(football) and was living in Norway but moving to Holland, whereas I was a short Chinese girl living in the US. Over the next few weeks that's all we would to.

To be honest, I still really didn't think much of it, we were just friends, right? But one day, while we were just sitting next to each other in game, and not really having much to say at the time, he asks me "Would you like to be my gf?". Now, I was shocked to say the least since I never saw it coming. I decided, though, why not? If it didn't work out, we could go our separate ways.

We never did, though. Eventually, it came to talking every single day for at least an hour. It soon came to me that he was a bigger part of my life than I could've imagined. What I loved most about it, was that he never really asked me what I looked like, we didn't video chat or have phone calls(we still haven't). He liked me solely based on who I was, because it was just a game anyways.

At one point, we changed our names to Mr and Mrs (notice my username) on the game. Things happened, I got a bit jealous of the girls he talked to in the game, he'd get jealous of the guys I talked to.We never fought, though I always hoped for him to be a bit more sensitive and sweet. And, in November, after my internet returned from losing power for a week, we exchanged Skypes and Facebook.

Since then, the average amount of time we'd spend talking to each other is about 2 hours a day. We eventually saw each others pictures, but that was really all. Sometimes, when I was feeling upset, he had his way of comforting me. If only we knew each other in real life, right?

Then, there came the point he was talking to a friend of mine. Turns out, Ace was afraid of our long distance relationship. These were his words "A long distance relationship is a waste of ur time, I mean I fully understand what you're feeling, but it's going to decrease slowly. It's what I hate most about it since u will be going on with ur life, and she with hers. Ur just slowly growing apart from her...". I never knew he felt that way, is that how he sees it? I understood to some extent the whole time that we were never exactly "serious". Just a guy and a girl who both liked each other, but distance got in the way.

I can't stand to lose him, not after all that's happened. He was(and is) such a big part of my life, that I'd practically have nothing if we parted ways. To be honest, I used to take it as an insult to me, but what I realize is, he's just afraid of what will happen to us. After 6 months of going strong, isn't there going to be a bump in the road eventually?

Well, that happened a few nights ago, and I'll admit I'm still recovering from it a little. We haven't hit that bump yet, but I'm prepared for it and I hope he is too. Though I've never seen his face move, and I've never heard him talk, he's not just a guy you give the title "boyfriend". We may not be romantic as most people in their relationships, but we're both each others best friend. And hopefully, that will last until they day we may see each other face to face.
Working...
X