Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossing the Atlantic ocean, again and again

So... Time for me to post our story as well... I'll try to keep it short

We met during the Summer of 2011 in a little town in Austria, both attending a festival of contemporary music. I thought he was a really nice guy from the first time he introduced himself to me with: "Hey, you're playing in my piece." (classic composer pick-up line

I was really busy practising so we didn't have so many opportunities to hang out, but every time I met him, my heart started going a little faster and only by the end of the 10 days we spent there did I realise that he also sought my company as much as I did his. Nothing ever happened between us there, I knew he was in a serious relationship and I wasn't going to interfere, so I tried to control myself and keep it quiet and all to myself.

Right after we left the little Austrian town, the emails started coming. At first it was just friendly - let's stay in touch - but soon he explained his situation to me. His long-term relationship (7 years!) was not going so well for a long time already and finally they were ready to admit it and go separate ways. This was extremely difficult for him, but still, he didn't want to let me go and we kept in touch. Soon he suggested I come and see him and since my friend was already planning a trip to the US, I just joined her plan and went to pursue the story. The two weeks I spent with him were just heaven. We discovered that we share so many views on life, love, music, society, that it was sometimes becoming a bit scary. I felt like my opinions and thoughts were mirrored in this person, I have never felt such connection to anyone in my life. Right after this trip, he paid a visit to my home-country, during christmas time. I found a flat for us to live in during that month so that we wouldn't have to be surrounded with my siblings and parents all the time, but still, he had to meet my family for christmas eve, only a month into our official relationship... That was when it hit him - last christmas he was still spending with the family of his ex, this was going way too fast (we were already discussing plans for the summer and next academic years, crazy as we were and still are .

The following months were really difficult for the both of us. He was trying to think things through and accept that his life has turned around completely and I was doing my best to trust everything he was saying (that he loves me and that these difficult times will pass and we will enjoy our happiness soon). Somehow we managed to survive his emotional stress (we both lost about 15 kilos in that time) and then spent the whole Summer of 2012 together, 4 beautiful months of travels all over Europe, going to music festivals, or just practising and composing at home, most of all, enjoying each other's company.

Even if the time of letting go the past relationship and starting a new one were overlapping and it caused a lot of anxiety for both of us, he always made me feel very loved and I had no doubts we would endure. Our love is strong and getting stronger by the day and we can't wait to close the distance for at least 16 months in this coming May, just 111 days from now. I can't wait to go and buy normal couple things together - like cutlery and new plates for our future flat!

That's a very cute story!!
    I wish you two all the best!

Comment

Aww lovely story...

Comment

Working...
      X