Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Met in Math class discussing Pokemon - 6 years later!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met in Math class discussing Pokemon - 6 years later!

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on here. I thought I would just say hello and share my story.

My boyfriend and I met when we were 15 years old in high school. I had never met him before, but we were in two classes together that September. One day in Math class, I overheard him talking with his friend about Pokemon (something I loved growing up). I joined in the conversation immediately. After that we began talking more and more. In October, our Math teacher was promoting her kids' in the upcoming performance of The Wizard of Oz by a local theatre group. He asked if I wanted to go, so we had his mom drive us, and my mom pick us up (dating in high school is so cute!). We spent time together several times after that, and after much teasing from our friends, he asked me to be his girlfriend on November 25, 2006.

Fast forward a few years, we are now almost finished our undergraduate degrees in university. He is my best friend and my favourite person to talk to and be around. After high school graduation, his family moved to a city 3 hours away. I didn't think it mattered much, because we would be attending the same university a few months later. However, we are both in co-op programs, and every four months we travel to a different city to work for four or eight month increments. Therefore, we have spent 17 months of our 6 year and 4 month relationship apart. He is now on the opposite side of the country for an eight month work placement. This is the furthest apart we have ever been, but it is about to get even further.

This summer, I will be travelling through Southeast Asia and Europe for 3 months. The time difference is going to be unbelievably hard. This is something I think I am prepared for, but I know I won't really understand it until I am experiencing it. Our time difference right now is 2 hours which is alright.

Next year, we graduate from university. I will hopefully start graduate school in the fall of 2014, whereas he will be starting work. Most likely, we will not be in the same city, and this will be for a few years. That will be the longest we have been apart from one another. I know it will be worth it in the end, but it is definitely not something I am looking forward to, and not something he likes to talk about.

Anyway, I'm sorry this has been such a long post! Now you guys know my story, and I hope I get to know some of yours' as well!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

i really admire your love. best wish to you.

Comment

Working...
      X